Bluetooth and Car Dock

jst4fun

Reaction score
I paired my phone with my car radio and everything is good there.
BUT, when I dock my phone and turn on bluetooth, the phone turns bluetooth on but does not turn on the discover or the app.
The phone just sets with bluetooth turned on.
So to get the bluetooth device to pair with the phone you have to go into the bluetooth settings and tap on the device you want to turn on.
Any suggestions?

themuttt

Reaction score
thats the way my my Clarion CZ500 seems to work. It's been that way for both the X or the Bionic

canudgit

Reaction score
So just to understand, the car radio is paired via bluetooth? and the device that wont pair is the same car radio when its on the car dock?

OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
Yes. The radio is paired to the Bionic. When I put the Bionic in the car dock, the bluetooth turns on but does not see the radio unless you got into settings, wireless networks and actually touch the paired radio to manually connect the bluetooth.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Its weird, I have a similar situation. I don't have it paired to my car stereo but to my headphones, when I use the cardock, I cant just hit play in my headphones like I used to be able to do, I have to hit play on the phone first then can control the rest thru the headset.

tbell6

Reaction score
I also have select blue tooth on my Ford Fusion "sync." Additional my media skips. Seems like a buffed problem. Phone works fine, no action required after origion paring. Anyone else getting drop out when playing media via blue tootn?

ProfRickMTJ

Reaction score
My prior phone would automatically pair with my Land Rover. My Droid gets paired manually. Then, when I return to the car, I get a notification tune and it says the droid is DISCONNECTING from the car. I have to go in and reconnect by putting in the code.

Does anyone know how to get them to pair automatically?

Thanks,

Rick