Bluetooth 4.0 has apparently unsolvable issues for me.

reesedp

Reaction score
The update is to blame, by process of elimination. I bought the Razr Maxx to replace a Droid X. I used both successfully with my J&M Audio bluetooth helmet (HS-BLU277EDRI-N103), the X for about 18 months, and the Razr from September until it updated itself mid-January. Since then, audio streaming will only work if I clear both devices, and then only one time (until I close "My Music", or Slacker etc). Once closed, the phone will only play audio through the phone speaker. On the "Paired Devices" screen, the helmet is shown with "Connected (no media)". If I go into the settings for the helmet, both phone and media audio boxes are checked. The phone function itself seems to work fine. The following are the troubleshooting steps so far:

1) Soft reset

2) Factory reset

3) Replacement phone

4) Attempt at replacement with Maxx HD (along with testing of every other Android phone with BT 4.0: same exact results)

5) Helmet firmware update (2 weeks and $60 in shipping)

6) Hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola Level II (who blamed it on each other)

7) System Version: 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.us Android Version: 4.0.4(?) in mid-January.

8) Updated again since then to 4.1.2 and Verizon 98.72.16.XT912 with no changes in behavior other than now it will not even work the one time.

The helmet has and still will successfully pair and retain full functionality with iPhones, and my old Droid X running 2.3(?). The only factor that has changed is the upgrade to BT 4.0. I am told that it is backwards compatible but it is definitely not. Even the brand new Moto headset I bought last week, capable of receiving streaming audio, does not. So thanks to the updates, I have several hundred dollars worth of gear that I purchased to be used SPECIFICALLY with my Motorola phone that I can no longer use.

I have tried every fix on every forum I have found. Has anyone seen anything from anyone involved that admits to there being issues?

OP
R

reesedp

Reaction score
Update

After a mere seven hours of total phone time with Motorola, my issue is being elevated to Level III. Yesterday I logged 2.5 hours, remote logging, and another factory reset before Moto was SURE that there was an issue.