Blue Tooth tether not working

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have tried this several times. it was working but now it has stopped. I unpaired the devices and started from scratch but can't get the wrench to appear. both devices say paired but there is no internet connection.

This has been confirmed working on a few different devices now, it allows you to share your phone's internet with your XOOM without rooting your phone or needing any extra applications

1: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks>tethering and portable hotspot and make sure that "Bluetooth Tethering" is UNCHECKED, this is NOT what we want

2: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks> enable airplane mode

3: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks> enable bluetooth

4: on your android phone, go to settings>wireless & networks (or equivalent)> enable bluetooth

5: Make sure that both devices are discoverable, so that they can see one another, should be in settings>wireless & networks>bluetooth settings

6: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks>bluetooth settings>select your phone in order to pair it with your XOOM

7: a box should pop up on both devices, select Pair on both devices

8: on XOOM, once the pairing is complete (still inside bluetooth settings), select the phone, it should say paired but not connected underneath it

9: The two devices should connect, once connected there should be a wrench next to the connected device, clicking on this will show an option to tether, click this option if it is not automatically enabled

10: TA-DA, if it worked then in the bottom right hand corner of your XOOM should have two bluetooth icons, one should indicated that your bluetooth is turned on and the other should say bluetooth tethered, you are now using your phones internet data plan on your XOOM, aka not counting towards your xoom's data plan

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Stock Bluetooth tether doesn't work for me but I am using pdanet's Bluetooth tether and it works.

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I wonder when verizon broke this as it worked awhile back but I haven't used it since I installed FoxFi. Perhaps that's the problem? I tried Foxfi blue tooth tether but that didn't work either.

holstein

Reaction score
Was working on ICS a week ago. No more tethering any non-jailbroken apple products???

spongernnc1

Reaction score
If you now have the update on your phones...jelly bean that is that just rolled out then your usb and Bluetooth tethering will not work. I was informed that these are actually chargeable services by Verizon and that the update fixed some bug and now you have to pay to use those features. It makes no sense that with unlimited data (still have the old contract and never gonna upgrade cuz 29.99 is a steal) that we should have to pay for such services. I just paid 9.99 for easy tether and it works flawlessly with a few drops here and there.