Bloomberg on Motorola Droid: Verizon's Hero

J

JohnDroid

Bloomberg interviewed Matthew Hoffman who claims that Motorola Droid may be Verizon's "Hero" (savior)

[video=youtube;Rrh4UKWL5Qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrh4UKWL5Qc]YouTube - Hoffman Says Motorola's Droid May Be `Hero' for Verizon: Video[/video]

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It definitely has a huge potential to be, but the only problem is "if" it does flop, which i doubt it will, it will leave verizon in a bad place unless one of the other phones coming out soon can make a big splash in the market.

OP
J

JohnDroid

It definitely has a huge potential to be, but the only problem is "if" it does flop, which i doubt it will, it will leave verizon in a bad place unless one of the other phones coming out soon can make a big splash in the market.

I think Verizon has the iPhone as a backup plan.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As soon as i posted the reply i was thinking the same exact thing. I know that they didn't do an agreement the first time. I know apple approached verizon first on the iphone deal but they couldn't come to an agreement. I wonder if any of this "idon't" will piss apple off, lol.

OP
J

JohnDroid

As soon as i posted the reply i was thinking the same exact thing. I know that they didn't do an agreement the first time. I know apple approached verizon first on the iphone deal but they couldn't come to an agreement. I wonder if any of this "idon't" will piss apple off, lol.

I guess it's all about the all-mighty dollar. If verizon runs back to Apple with their tale tucked between their legs and they are ready to pony up the dough and agree to what Apple wants, Apple will give it to them.

Of course, they'll only do this if the Droid Family is a failure.