Bloomberg Confirms Sony's Xperia Honami May Be Coming September 4th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony_logo_purple-make-believe-sign.png

While we still have to lump this is the "rumor" category, it certainly seems like a very solid story. Previously we have seen several bits of intel suggesting that Sony will be launching their new Xperia Honami at their IFA event on September 4th. Bloomberg just today shared a confirmation of this rumor from two separate sources. Additionally, Bloomberg claims this new device will include imaging technology developed for its cameras and ultra-high definition TVs.

Color us intrigued... Sony's handsets are almost always of phenomenal build quality. It will be interesting to see if they can regain a more solid foothold in the United States. Over the last few years they have traditionally sold much better in Asian and European markets, but of course, not too many U.S. carriers have carried Sony devices.

What do you guys think it will take to reverse that trend?

Source: Bloomberg

doubleblackD

Reaction score
Oh yes!! Have the Xperia Z now and love it. The Honami sounds sweet!

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk 4

doubleblackD

Reaction score
And I've noticed there isn't a good Xperia forum, any plans?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Over the last few years they have traditionally sold much better in Asian and European markets, but of course, not too many U.S. carriers have carried Sony devices.

What do you guys think it will take to reverse that trend?

I think you alluded to it already. Sony needs to have their flagship devices sold on "the nation's most reliable 4G network". If the Xperia Z was released with a variant that housed CDMA radios, I'd probably own one.

doubleblackD

Reaction score
@trestevenson Thats one of the reasons I bailed on vzw, I now own the Xperia Z, Tmo in my area is awesome, I would recommend checkin out their coverage in your area, might be worth the switch, oh and I have 3 unlimited lines cheaper than vzw could do, not saying to create controversy but to open possibilities. :)

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
@trestevenson Thats one of the reasons I bailed on vzw, I now own the Xperia Z, Tmo in my area is awesome, I would recommend checkin out their coverage in your area, might be worth the switch, oh and I have 3 unlimited lines cheaper than vzw could do, not saying to create controversy but to open possibilities. :)

Oh, I'm definitely considering making that same switch once my contract is up in November. T-Mobile has pretty good service in my area, according to people I know who use them. Right now I'm just biding my time until the next Nexus phone is released. Once that drops, I'll decide whether to stay month-to-month on Verizon or leave for greener pastures. Either way, I'm planning on retiring my G-nex hopefully by Christmas, or shortly thereafter.