Blockbuster App Comes to Android

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I used to get movies all the time via Movielink, which BB acquired in 2007. As a business traveler, it was great because I would download 2 or 3 movies to my laptop before leaving on a trip and be able to watch them in flight.

I much prefer the download method as opposed to streaming. If I'm not on a WiFi enabled plane, kinda hard to stream anything at 35,000 feet. BTW, on PC, the download size for full length movies from Movielink were generally 400-600meg. I'd assume they are similar or smaller if the file is optimized for a smartphone screen.

If this comes out for my Droid, I would definitely jump on it. Currently, I rent Redbox flicks before I leave and then generally drop them off when I arrive. Would be much easier to have it on my phone than to have to dig out my laptop to watch a movie.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Even so this doesn't seem very appealing, if it was streaming it would be much more desirable.

I think just the opposite. I travel a lot, so for me the ability to download the movie and watch on a plane is huge.

And no thanks for the quality you are talking about streaming over 3G. So it takes a bit of planning to d/l? Big deal, just plan ahead a bit.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Video quality while streaming over 3G can be pretty crappy for a video clip, much less an entire feature film. I'd prefer to download movies from Blockbuster the way I download podcasts and video podcasts to my droid, overnight via Wifi while the phone is in the charging dock.

Plus, I imagine the phone would get really hot downloading a movie by 3G.