Block ads

DROOIID

Reaction score
I saw something on a thread about something you can flash or type in the terminal to block ads. Can someone tell me how to do that with this rom. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

HardWired

Reaction score
Afaik that option hasn't been built in to this rom. But adfree accomplishes the same goal. Get it from the market. Open it, hit the top button which will update the database of appx 20,000 host names that web ads are generated from, and it will effectively block them. Even ads in apps. Enjoy.

OP
DROOIID

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thanks installed it and is working perfect.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Afaik that option hasn't been built in to this rom. But adfree accomplishes the same goal. Get it from the market. Open it, hit the top button which will update the database of appx 20,000 host names that web ads are generated from, and it will effectively block them. Even ads in apps. Enjoy.
Thanks for the heads up

BWAT1009

Reaction score
I have had adfree installed ever since i rooted a few momths ago. It jas worked perfectly until this week. I am now getting ads when using pandora or playing angry birds. Ihave auto updating enabled and I manually checked for updates. I even uninstalled and reinstalled with no benefit. Anyone having the same problem? Droid Incredible by the way, if it matters...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Uninstall adfree, boot to recovery and, delete davlik cache, boot and install adfree. reboot.

D1 MIUI 1.3.11 p3LV125-1250 w/ SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v9 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You TP4bama & JAMZELLE***