Bloatware

Jmax1138

Reaction score
For lack of a better term, I did the very basic froyo leak, now what do I do to get rid of all the bloatware and lag and what not?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
For lack of a better term, I did the very basic froyo leak, now what do I do to get rid of all the bloatware and lag and what not?

Easiest way.....flash SuperClean v2.4

or

pay for and download Root Explorer from the market, this will give you access to your entire system and allow you to pick and choose what apps you want to delete etc...

or

pay for and download the Pro version of Titanium Backup, this will allow you to freeze/remove those files from system/app as well....

OP
J

Jmax1138

Reaction score
can I flash over my current eb01 2.2.1 firmware leak right now using Odin?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
can I flash over my current eb01 2.2.1 firmware leak right now using Odin?

yea as far as ODIN goes you can flash it over anything without wiping because it returns your phone to out of the box state...except if your running VooDoo? if you are then you need to disable VooDoo first then you can use ODIN

I would just download SC v2.4 and flash in recovery after wiping data/cache...no real need to ODIN it unless you dont have the modded red CWMrecovery

ziggy484

Reaction score

Supermanager is free in the market and can do everything you need for removing bloat, I suggest renaming, not deleting... serves the same purpose and is easier to put back if you ever want to pick up an ota or something.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Supermanager is free in the market and can do everything you need for removing bloat, I suggest renaming, not deleting... serves the same purpose and is easier to put back if you ever want to pick up an ota or something.

good call on Supermanager, ive never used or known any1 thats used it...much easier alternative for people....:)

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score
I am currently on super clean 2.4 and bought root explorer to rename specific apps to apk.old which is the best way rendering them useless. Also I'm on voodoo so to switch back to stock kernel do I just disable lagfix and flash?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am currently on super clean 2.4 and bought root explorer to rename specific apps to apk.old which is the best way rendering them useless. Also I'm on voodoo so to switch back to stock kernel do I just disable lagfix and flash?

yes.......

soulshot96

Reaction score
I use unistaller for root. It unistalls and backs up the apps to the SD card. I unistalled Bing search and now when I press the search button it pulls up Google search! Battery life is getting better to.

soulshot96

Reaction score
And its as easy as going in to the SD card and installing them again for an ota! And its free!

hogster

Reaction score
anyone know how i can reinstall bloatware. i think i deleted innopath activecare and i cant update my fascinate. any help please?????

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
anyone know how i can reinstall bloatware. i think i deleted innopath activecare and i cant update my fascinate. any help please?????

To reinstall a system app...put root explorer into r/w (read write) mode, copy the apk for the app and paste to its original location (usually system>app). Put root explorer in r/o mode (read only) then reboot. You may have to search through xda or google to find the apk if u dont have it

*edit: does not always produce desired results. Must be rooted.May want to make a backup first.

Sent from my fascinate

Last edited:

mguinta25

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a way to get rid of 3g mobile hotspot or navigation. Ive tried root explorer, astro, freeze apps but those 2 just dont show up. Help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DThomp

Reaction score
Mobile HotSpot is now built in to the settings_apk and there's no getting rid of it yet.
The Verizon navigation should show up in root explorer somewhere but I don't recall what its called, there were a couple Verizon apps that I deleted before I went to apex2.0.0beta.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums