Bloatware apps safe to remove on the Droid 4

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Just unfroze everything from that list & my text sounds works again. Just have to find out what stopped it in the first place.
Please let us know if you narrow it down. I couldn't replicate your issue and I have everything in the list frozen. Then again I use Handcent for texting so my situation is different than yours.

Last edited:

Dolphfins2000

Reaction score
Just re did the list & it works, i must have froze something else the first time that i shouldn't have, sorry for the misunderstanding.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Just re did the list & it works, i must have froze something else the first time that i shouldn't have, sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries, I had removed it from the list but I'll add it back

EDIT: nvm lol, deleting it again based on comment below

Last edited:

dewhashish

Reaction score
i froze the messaging app and it disabled notifications and the LED, may not want to freeze it

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
When I freeze messenging I still get the led and notification. When I freeze the email apps it don't get led or notifications.

dewhashish

Reaction score
i think removing the yahoo contacts is causing an error for me, contacts storage closes unexpectedly now

obogobo

Reaction score
I would LOVE to remove BackupAssistant and VZW Location Services they're both completely inferior to the respective Google counterparts. Anyone know if these are safe to freeze / uninstall?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
i think removing the yahoo contacts is causing an error for me, contacts storage closes unexpectedly now

Yes removing Yahoo Contacts breaks the phones normal Contacts app. For a good list of apps you can safely remove you can go to the D3 Section on XDA and look for Petes Bloat Removal Tool and it'll show what you can remove. I'll post a link or list when I'm done college later today.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Yes removing Yahoo Contacts breaks the phones normal Contacts app.
I don't think that's true in every case. I have it frozen and my Contacts app works properly. I suppose it depends on other factors in your set up but in any case I will remove it from the list

alex94kumar

Reaction score
anyone know which app controls how facebook friends sync into your contacts?

daryls61

Reaction score
I uninstalled madden and the golf game but they had uninstall option available. Will I still have trouble with update?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

ashobe

Reaction score
Remove all the "bloatware" is easy... just buy a plain dialing only phone. I guess i must be the only person who doesnt buy a phone for the sole purpose of rooting it. Stop complaining, you knew it was there when you bought the phone. Just my 2¢ worth

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Naturally, I assume this list is simply what's safe to remove, and not what you should remove.

There's a couple apps on that list that I actually like, so I'll keep them around for now. :)

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Are there any apps on the market that allow you to freeze your apps without root? Or is it impossible to do without rooting? Thanks.