Blinking Green LED light

aedmondson99

Reaction score
Ever since I updated the new update I have this constant blinking green light. Also it is always force restarting. This happend with my Droid 2 (non global) after the GB update anyone else having these issues

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
The blinking green LED has been reported by some here as an issue with the first GB update. The second update seems to have corrected it - on my D2G anyway.

Amended October 25: I rebooted the phone the night of the reply above. The blinking green LED came back, so it's not corrected in the new update. I wonder if it might be a battery level indicator. Mine got very low right after the first GB release and the light blinked red or orange.

Last edited:
OP
aedmondson99

aedmondson99

Reaction score
There is a second update? When is that expected to happen?

maxwellag

Reaction score
.608 was released last week.

MidgetGiraffe

Reaction score
I had this issue on gb .607 and I updated to .608 a couple days ago and I was still having the problem after my phone updated but I did a couple of hard reboots and (temporarily) it seems to have fixed itself

OP
aedmondson99

aedmondson99

Reaction score
What is a hard reboot?

MidgetGiraffe

Reaction score
The reason I am putting the froyo one up too is in case other people who don't yet have gingerbread are curious and view this thread.

Froyo (2.4.330)
1. Hold the power button down and press "power down"
2. When the phone is off hold the letter x and the power button at the same time for about 2 seconds after the white motorola m. pops up.
3. When you see the green android and the triangle with the ! Comes up press the magnifying glass on the physical keyboard and a menu should come up.
4. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and the camera key to select things and navigate to reboot system and select it with the camera key

Gingerbread (4.5.607/ 4.5.608)
1. Hold the power button down and press "power down"
2. When the phone is off hold the letter x and the power button at the same time for about 2 seconds after the red motorola M pops up.
3. When you see the green android and the triangle with the ! Comes up press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and the secret menu should come up.
4. Use the volume keys to navigate but the enter key(the one with the arrow above the ok key to select things and navigate to reboot system and select it with the enter key

I have done both and neither have deleted any of my apps or data but if u want to be sure you could take out the sd card before you reboot your phone

MidgetGiraffe

Reaction score
You can also use the power button to select it(i usually use the power button)

silver6054

Reaction score
You can also use the power button to select it(i usually use the power button)

Out of interest, why is this any different than holding the power button down, selecting Power Off, and then turning the phone back on? Stock Recovery is usually used for things like updating the system, wiping cache, factory reset. I only use the reboot system option if I am in recovery by mistake or something!

MidgetGiraffe

Reaction score
I'm probably wrong but from my understanding the reboot checks the apps and services for bugs/errors and tries to clear them out

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm probably wrong but from my understanding the reboot checks the apps and services for bugs/errors and tries to clear them out
You're wrong indeed. Rebooting the phone just reloads the OS. It's the same as rebooting a PC running Windows.

czervick212

Reaction score
This is pretty unnecessary but I had this after the .608 update and then I bootlooped by incorrectly installing cm7 (forgot to wipe /system) so I sbf'd and reupdated etc. and it went away. It's a pain in the butt but it worked for me :)

softidea

Reaction score
What I found that blinking green light responding to new updates are waiting in android market for installed apps on the phone

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, but I had no updates waiting in Market, no messages, no phone calls, no e-mails...essentially, nothing that should be triggering this foolish flashing green light! It's exceedingly annoying, as much for the fact that no one seems to know why this green light flashy thingy is happening after the update.

That in mind I'd love to know if anyone at Google/Motorola/Verizon has looked into this.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App