Blank screen after unlocking

Moon_Man

Reaction score
I'm in a bad way here. Loaded a live wall paper from AOI called Finger Print. When I tried to unlock the phone the screen goes blank, No icons. No response from any push buttons except when I hold down the home screen button, I get a B/W recent apps text. I really hope I don't have to do a hard restart. When I power up and holding down the X key I receive a Triangle and the little droid picture thing. Help . . . My whole life is on this phone . . . .

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
hello, do you have much data backed up through the sdcard and gmail? i know the email, contacts, and calander are backed up through gmail. i do a factory data reset when i switch between roms and i hardly ever loose anything. also have you tried maybe hooking it up to the computer to see if that might help? if plugging it into the computer doesnt work maybe try turning it off then hook it up to the computer and let it boot. also might want to try a battery pull while the screen is on. thats also called a soft reset

OP
M

Moon_Man

Reaction score
When I connect to my computer I can see the droid 2 in 'my computer'. what else should I be looking for?

OP
M

Moon_Man

Reaction score
When I open the droid 2 in my computer I see a '.double Twist' folder. Not really concerned with the music, its just my settings and company ORACLE apps.
To answer your question, I get the following when I power it on:
The circle M
White tested "DROID'
Droid EYE (red)
Than my usual initial unlock screen.

When I slide the unlock bar to the right it goes blank.
I do still have to top white info bar indicating I have a voice mail, a Circle icon, the usb icon, battery indicator and time.
All this happened immediately after loading that new FP home screen by AOI.

I do appreciate your time, I will stand by.
Bob

OP
M

Moon_Man

Reaction score
BTW, when the blank screen is active after unlocking, it will cycle back to the lock screen as it usually does. If I can just remove that AOI finger print app.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its no problem man. Wanna try to get this up and running cause i know how important these things are to business and life. Kinda a gearhead at heart but love technology and addicted to linux/android and learning the ins/outs.

Can you access the pulldown menu if you drag it down and maybe switch phone to USB Mass Storage? If you can get it to USB then you may be able to delete that pesky wallpaper to see if that helps.

Also maybe try taking the SDcard out and starting it up that way.

There is also a program called RSDlite that can be used to flash SBF files to your phone I do believe. Def would need to do a lil reading up on that to make sure you know what your doing with it. Also not sure how it affects the memory/data with the phone.

OP
M

Moon_Man

Reaction score
Pull down menu works, let me run with your idea for a bit.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, you can pm me if its easier or just post here. Glad that pulldown menu worked! I think the wallpaper would be in maybe the downloads folder? Not to sure where it would be stored at though. I am thinking that it would have to be on the SDcard.

keep me up to date boss,
Rick