Blank Pictures

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Does anyone else get blank pictures in their camera gallery? I don't know if its when I use instagram to take a picture or what but its kind of annoying. Just curious if I'm alone

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no blank pics in my gallery. Could be in there from another app?

abc519

Reaction score
A lot of my pictures recently (like 7 out of 10) have come up blank (with the film strip icon). I tried everything from looking at the pictures in my files folder to sending the pictures to myself via text (not possible) to viewing the pics through an app (ie. Instagram). Nothing has worked, not even restarting/rebooting/battery pulling the phone. I just ended up deleting the pictures, since it was frustrating me that I did not have the photos I took of me and my friends at a concert.

This is definitely a big inconvenience, and I hope that Android pulls it together to fix this basic problem, or I can foresee them losing a lot of customers.

Yen2Kay

Reaction score
I do get the problem sometimes when I try and go into my gallery and it wont load up any of the folders/albums...usually i just have to force close and re-open it.

cupid

Reaction score
I have 2 blank pictures too..and idk how to delete them when I click it it don't give me an option to delete and its really annoying

riverrat

Reaction score
Unknown error in picture gallery

I am having problems with the picures in the Gallery. I take a picture and the thumbnail that immediately shows up looks fine. But when I go to the Gallery to view it, I just get a black picture with a filmstrip on it. If I try and text or share it in any way, it comes up and tells me "Unknown Error".

Help, I am on vacation and now can't use my phone to take any pictures!

Thanks and have a great day!
M.Moore

oliveoylee

Reaction score
the exact same thing is happening to me. i have tried everything and can't view the pictures at all. its happened in the past, but then it would show up after i had turned off my phone and restarted. but not this time. so frustrating.

riverrat

Reaction score
My camera quit working properly while I was in Canada....I did have a Canadian plan added to my phone at the time. Once I reached Alaska, it started working just fine again. Go figure.

M.Moore

ehawthorne

Reaction score
Android phone blank pictures are pocket snapshots

I also get these. It started happening after an Android upgrade that changed the home screen so that swiping sideways on the home screen without logging in to the pinpad caused the camera app to start up ready to take a picture.

So my theory is that motion of the phone in my pocket is waking it up, doing the swipe to start camera, then hitting the camera "take picture" touchscreen-button.

It's happening a lot, and pictures range from black to dark fuzzy coloured things, like the inside of a pocket might look like. Anyway.... enough about that.

Really annoying. How about a software fix in a new Android revision, Google?