Looking for S4 Camera direction.......

loco

Reaction score
There is no doubt the camera on the S4 is pretty darn good. However, I have some issues with the gallery and I'm hoping you guys can help.

Lets say I take a picture of something today and it goes into my gallery in a folder called "camera". Then, 3 days later I take a picture of something else. It now goes into my gallery in a new folder called "camera 2". Few days later I take some more photos, now they are in my gallery in a folder called "camera 3" and so on......

This is extremely annoying to me. I feel like when I take random pictures of stuff, they should all go into the one folder, and the gallery should not keep making folders.

Is there a fix for this, or any way I can change it ? I been looking in the settings, but I cant seem to figure this out.

Then if you have an instagram account, and you upload pics to instagram......they now go into a gallery called instagram. Same with facebook and so on and so on.

Before I know it. I have a ton of folders with a bunch of random images in them that in some cases I never intended to save.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I usually wind up manually putting them all in the same folder. You're right. It IS annoying. I hope we get an answer.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I only ended up with two "Camera" folders. But I also sweep the pictures out of that default folder into something appropriate for the event I was capturing.

chubby22

Reaction score
I never had this issue. Or is it just because in the camera settings, I have save to memory card selected.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
I never had this issue. Or is it just because in the camera settings, I have save to memory card selected.

I am also saving photos to the SD card. Its just annoying to have to constantly move pictures around.

Now, I will agree, when I'm taking Christmas pictures, I move them into a Christmas folder. But what I'm referring to are all the random folders and duplicate photos this thing does.

I'll take a picture, then it goes into camera 3. Then, i'll upload that picture to instagram. Now, I have the picture in camera 3 and instagram folder. Its way overkill.

chubby22

Reaction score
I never experienced the duplicate folder issue. Could it be a glitch in the software?

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
The problem is compounded by the fact that every time you use a separate camera app (like Camera Zoom FX), it'll put the photo in the ZoomFX folder.