Blacked out SMS

h_10

Reaction score
For a lack of a better term, a few months ago someone posted an "app" to change the color scheme of the stock SMS app to black background. It also allowed you to customize the notification LED color.

Can someone please relink that update file?

Thanks.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try my apk that I use.

Place in system/app, set permissions, and reboot.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great job on the fast response. I'm in the process of having to buy another computer since my other crashed and then I'll be is the process of rooting my D2 and ill use this for the black sms

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem, just happened to be online.

Let me know if you have issues with it, but I had to go back and get it myself froma backup after updating to Sapphire 2.0.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
10/4 ill keep you updated after whenever it is that i can get the cash for a new computer. Thanks for the info and hope this can help the OP also

OP
H

h_10

Reaction score
rw-1 - thanks for the quick response. i'm having to do this for the exact same reason as you, just upgraded to sapphire 2.0.

anyway, i dloaded the zip, unzipped it, put the apk in system/app. i renamed my orig mms.apk just in case, anyway, i tried to install your mms.apk and it stated that i was replacing a system app. I checked OK, chose Install and then "Application not Installed".

Any ideas?

Droids

Reaction score
rw-1 - thanks for the quick response. i'm having to do this for the exact same reason as you, just upgraded to sapphire 2.0.

anyway, i dloaded the zip, unzipped it, put the apk in system/app. i renamed my orig mms.apk just in case, anyway, i tried to install your mms.apk and it stated that i was replacing a system app. I checked OK, chose Install and then "Application not Installed".

Any ideas?

Read post #3 again. You don't install the apk. You replace the original, set the correct permissions, and reboot the phone.

OP
H

h_10

Reaction score
stupid q. How do i set permission?

OP
H

h_10

Reaction score
nvrmd, long press is your friend.

OP
H