Notification LED

d33p

Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all, I know this is the wrong place to ask for anything but since the Droid has more users than the Milestone, I thought I can give it a shot.

I want to change the LED for specific notifications like text messages and e-mail. There are a couple of programs that have this ability but for one thing, every one of them has lots of bugs and they usually end up hard rebooting my phone. I come from a WinMo device so I thought there might be a config file or a registry entry of sorts which'll allow me to change the color value for the LED. I don't want to run an app on the background to get a specific color from my LED.

Thanks,
deep

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used blink which i know you said you didn't want an app cause they're buggy but blink worked fine for me.
And for texting i just use handcent which you can just customize the notification light in for texting

asforel

Reaction score
I used blink which i know you said you didn't want an app cause they're buggy but blink worked fine for me.
And for texting i just use handcent which you can just customize the notification light in for texting

I use Blink too on my Nexus one, 12 colors work fine.dancedroid

Skytile

Reaction score
Does Blink allow for customization of the LED for the different people who text you? I'm using Missed Call right now, but sometimes it's a little buggy and the notifications do wonky things when there are more than one. (Not sure if that's normal with any messaging app since I've been using Missed Call from the beginning.)
So if I found another LED customization app that let me change it depending on who texts me, I'd like to give it a try. But I don't see anything about that in the description or pictures.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Does Blink allow for customization of the LED for the different people who text you? I'm using Missed Call right now, but sometimes it's a little buggy and the notifications do wonky things when there are more than one. (Not sure if that's normal with any messaging app since I've been using Missed Call from the beginning.)
So if I found another LED customization app that let me change it depending on who texts me, I'd like to give it a try. But I don't see anything about that in the description or pictures.

Handcent will allow you to customize all of the notification settings (vibrate, ringer, LED color and blink pattern) on a per-contact basis.