Blacked Out - GingerBread Keyboard -

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bo-g-keyboard.gif

Gingerbread is all the talk these days and it's being picked apart faster then any other Android release to date. DroidForums.net member ecsnead69 from Team DC has just released an incredibly cool custom keyboard theme for the Gingerbread keyboard port. His blacked out, "shadow buttons" version of the keyboard is definitely an improvement. You will have to have the original Gingerbread keyboard already installed for this mod to work, and you have to be rooted. Here are some great instructions for you guys to try it out:

1. You will need to download the following:
  2. Original Gingerbread keyboard here.
  3. ecsnead69's Shadow Button Gingerbread keyboard here.
  4. ROM Manager - you get this one free from the market
  5. Upload the .ZIP files to your phones SD card
  6. Start the ROM Manager and select “Install ROM from SD Card”
  7. Find the GignerbreadLatinIME.zip file and choose it
  8. When you see a pop-up, choose the “add zip” button, then select the DarksideBlkGingerKBrev2.zip file.
  9. Select “OK”
  10. It's important to create a backup. Then select “OK” again, and that should do it.

If you already have the original Gingerbread keyboard than you can adjust the steps accordingly.

Shout out a thanks to ecsnead69 for his ingenuity and expertise! Follow the support thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-out-gingerbread-keyboard-shadow-buttons.html

by dgstorm

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check you out with big front page spot! ecsnead69 putting in work! I can't wait till the rest of the DC stuff gets to be released! Big things are coming!!!

brando56894

Reaction score
Yea you can reboot into recovery and do it manually from there. All rom manager does is accelerates the process since you just have to queue stuff and it reboot into recovery, flashes the zip automatically and then reboots.

soops

Reaction score
Yea you can reboot into recovery and do it manually from there. All rom manager does is accelerates the process since you just have to queue stuff and it reboot into recovery, flashes the zip automatically and then reboots.

So I can rename the file into update.zip format since I'll be using sprecovery?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats on numerous levels "ecs" - this keyboard modification looks great as does the new Blacked Out Theme :happy:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
My rom manager no longer asks me if I want to add zip anymore either.