Blackberry to Droid X

jmallen

Reaction score
Just a note of introduction...I just picked up my Droid X on Friday, after using a Blackberry for 3 years....so far, still battling the learning curve and trying to fugure out things on the Droid, but it is exciting and I am convinced I will not be sorry for the switch....
I hope to learn a lot from the "old pros' about how to get the most out of my new phone...so feel free to let me have it!!

I am fumbling around trying to personalize my phone, such as having the large clock numerals displayed....vs. the small digital or analog clock...I like the ability to see the time at a glance...but I have not located how to change the setting or where I can get the widget if needed to do what I want it to do ( I suspect it is probably very simple, just not for me...yet....)...but will continue to search and probe and see if I can figure it out, unless someone comes to the rescue and shows me the error of my ways...lol...
thanks,

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a note of introduction...I just picked up my Droid X on Friday, after using a Blackberry for 3 years....so far, still battling the learning curve and trying to fugure out things on the Droid, but it is exciting and I am convinced I will not be sorry for the switch....
I hope to learn a lot from the "old pros' about how to get the most out of my new phone...so feel free to let me have it!!

I am fumbling around trying to personalize my phone, such as having the large clock numerals displayed....vs. the small digital or analog clock...I like the ability to see the time at a glance...but I have not located how to change the setting or where I can get the widget if needed to do what I want it to do ( I suspect it is probably very simple, just not for me...yet....)...but will continue to search and probe and see if I can figure it out, unless someone comes to the rescue and shows me the error of my ways...lol...
thanks,

Mike

I don't have the X so I can't say exactly how that works but I use Beautiful Widgets to display time and date. On a Droid you do have
e to open it up to see it, I'm not sure how that works on the X.

But :welcome: to the Droid Forums. Many of us are ex blackberry people. I remember the first day I got mine staring at it for hours trying to figure out what to do with it. But all you really got to do is touch the browser to appreciate how much better it is then a Blackberry.

Let us know if we can help you find anything. Beautiful Widgets is in the Market, it does cost a few dollars.

OP
J

jmallen

Reaction score
Thanks Hook for the welcome... and the info..will check it out...
Mike

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

thanks,

Mike

I don't have the X so I can't say exactly how that works but I use Beautiful Widgets to display time and date. On a Droid you do have
e to open it up to see it, I'm not sure how that works on the X.

But :welcome: to the Droid Forums. Many of us are ex blackberry people. I remember the first day I got mine staring at it for hours trying to figure out what to do with it. But all you really got to do is touch the browser to appreciate how much better it is then a Blackberry.

Let us know if we can help you find anything. Beautiful Widgets is in the Market, it does cost a few dollars.

+1 for Beautiful Widgets, being an ex BB user, and the welcome!