blackberry network app

kraxyk

Reaction score
Hi, my friend uses the blackberry network on Verizon. We were wondering if there was an apparently for the Droid that could get on the blackberry network so we csn chat. Is there an apparently that can be installed on both of our phones so we can communicate. Like through a third party

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gTalk can be downloaded for the BB platform. Have him download that.
There's no way for any phone other than a BB using RIM's servers, which is what all BB's are serviced through.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see you used your Droid post lol......coz it autocorrects "app" to "apparently"!! lol

I'm not sure about your question though, do you mean the Enterprise network that BlackBerry can communicate though?

Reaction score
Girly was talking something about that a while back. its like a way for the blackberrys to communicate with other bb's it would be amazing if we could get something like that..

OP
K

kraxyk

Reaction score
Well I know there is like text communication through the blackberry network. We wanted to chat and my friend doesn't have texting, only bbn. So ya, but by gtalk do u mean Google talk?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gTalk is Google Talk. It works on BB.
No text plan required. It's a chat app. Just need a g-mail account. That's all. They're free, so it's free.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Girly was talking something about that a while back. its like a way for the blackberrys to communicate with other bb's it would be amazing if we could get something like that..
gTalk (Google Talk) does the same thing BBM (Blackberry Messenger) does. Only difference is, gTalk can be used on multiple platforms, BBM is for Blackberries only.

OP
K

kraxyk

Reaction score
Sounds like gtalk is the way to go. I will see if I can get my friend on it. Well I'm looking to develop my own apps so who knows maybe in the future

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of IM apps you can use. GTalk is one of them. There's really no point in a specific Droid-Droid IM app. The Droid doesn't rely on proprietary infrastructure like the BB (which is why PIN messaging and BBM exist).