black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilesellit

Reaction score
hi, my droid a855 turns only only to show dim back light and black screen with no moto symble. i cannot access sd card from computer and sdk says phone is fine .The keypad does light up and when i try bootloader mode no words appear on screen. I did root this myself about 3mths ago and had no issues . is this a lcd problem? or can i access sd card to reboot another way

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It sounds like a hardware problem, unless you're running something like juice defender, have the brightness turned down the bare minimum, or installed a program. Your best bet might be to make a nandroid backup from recovery (if possible) and then SBF back to stock to see if the problem persists. If it does it's hardware and you need to replace the phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah, it's an Inc. Disregard the SBF. My bad, I didn't look at the section you posted in. You'll need to do a hard reset and get everything back to stock before taking it in, IF taking it back to stock doesn't fix it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it's a Droid he's or she is talking about, and they are cross posting. That's not allowed here. I have moved your post to the rescue squad help from the newcomers section.

Status
Not open for further replies.