Black Screen on Safe System

VeryInsane

Reaction score
Hi!

I've had my phone on a custom ICS ROM for quite a while now and for some reason the phone was giving me problems so I tried to go into my Safe System but the screen is just black. I'm pretty sure I installed a ROM on it a while ago but there is a chance I did not.

When I plug the phone into the computer I can't turn it on all I see is the white light.
When I plug it in to the outlet then I see the Bionic Logo and then I see the Safestrap Safe System Enabled. If I touch Search or Menu (or nothing at all) the same thing happens: It goes away to a black screen. The only way to turn It off is to take out the battery with it unplugged from the wall charger or hold down the voume down + power button for a while.

It won't turn on any way other then being plugged into the wall outlet charger..

How can I fix this / start fresh and reinstall a rom? I can't do the thing where I boot into the options by holding the volume buttons and the power button, either. Nothing happens when It's not plugged into the wall outlet (or white LED when plugged into the computer)

I also left it on the black screen for a few hours just to make sure It was charging, If it was at all.

Thanks for any help in advance..

deduct

Reaction score
It sounds like your battery is dead and not charging. You have access to another battery or a way to charge yours?

OP
V

VeryInsane

Reaction score
It sounds like your battery is dead and not charging. You have access to another battery or a way to charge yours?

Well I don't-- any ideas how I could?

Also after I'm on the black screen, and I unplug my phone from the wall outlet. The screen stays on, It doesn't just turn off automatically. So I'm thinking that means it has SOME charge. I also left it on the black screen for ~4 hours and I still couldn't boot into FastBoot.

So maybe It's not charging while on the black screen, and the only reason the screen stays on is because theres only enough battery to do that-- not go into FastBoot?

Or am I like hard bricked. Is that possible with Bionic? Has anyone else hard bricked a Bionic?

deduct

Reaction score
Yes others have hard bricked bionics. Hopefully is only a bad battery you have here. Either buy another battery or find someone who may have a charged bionic battery like a Verizon store.

OP
V

VeryInsane

Reaction score
Do you think Verizon employees would be cool about the whole rooting / custom ROM thing. I know they can't honor warranty or any of the legal stuff but would they be dicks about "Hey can I try a Bionic Battery" or "Can you charge this bionic battery for like 20 minutes" etc?

& If it's not the battery am I f'd?

deduct

Reaction score
They are not going go care about your rooting and running custom ROMs. And if they have spare battery you can use they should be fine with it.

OP
V

VeryInsane

Reaction score
Whewwwww.

Lucky enough there was a person who worked there with a Bionic and she charged my battery for me.
It was just the battery, I can get into recovery.
And even better is that she had the same problem when she didn't install anything on her safe system.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

/Solved

OP
V

VeryInsane

Reaction score
Awesome news. Good job fixing it up.

Thanks except for some reason RSD Lite won't show the device.
I have the latest USB drivers installed 2.
I ordered an OEM Motorola Data cable because people were saying that's usually the problem is the incorrect data cable.

Any other ideas though?