Black screen after call

kevind

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was on the phone and after the other person hung up, my droid was stuck on a black screen. The 4 buttons on the bottom would light up at times but still a black screen. I had to do a battery pull (read i wasn't supposed to on this phone?) and I still had a black screen. So I had to do another battery pull and it finally came back. Anyone else having this problem?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
never heard of such a problem. I haven't had anything like that happen to me yet. Even more interesting, you had to do 2 battery pulls...

elbono75

Reaction score
I had it happen once... cuz the sensor didnt notice I wasn't on the call anymore I pushed the top button and it came on...

Reaction score
I've had the screen go blank on me after a call also. I tried pushing the power button nothing happened, the screen stayed black. I eventually had to do a battery pull after waiting several minutes for the screen to come back on. Its only happened once and I'm hoping it won't happen again

phatkat66

Reaction score
hmmm

By any chance do u still have a piece of plastic on the screen or maybe its dirty? I kept the plastic it came wit on it for a while until it peeled off on its own but i noticed when i made calls the plastic interfered wit the censor and after removing it didmt have that issue anymore

swaldrop

Reaction score
It has happened to me quite a few times, but hitting the power button usually wakes the screen back up.

Not that I should have to do this, but that has been my experience thus far.

jlevy57

Reaction score
My screen goes black after a call goes through, as though I'm putting it up to my ear, when the phone is outside in bright daylight. I can't put in a password or even end the call. Only way to bring the screen back is to slide open the keyboard. As an experiment, I've shined a bright flashlight on the light sensor in the top left corner of several Droids. The screens went black on all of them but I not if they go blank outside like mine. I'm not sure what to do about this. Anybody else had this problem?

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey we're working on this problem here too.

I wrote down everything I've figured out so far. Jump over and let's figure this out.

Mit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was on the phone and after the other person hung up, my droid was stuck on a black screen. The 4 buttons on the bottom would light up at times but still a black screen. I had to do a battery pull (read i wasn't supposed to on this phone?) and I still had a black screen. So I had to do another battery pull and it finally came back. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes- I had the same problem. Sliding open the keyboard worked for me and brought the phone out of the sleep mode. Hope that works for you.

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey I was just talking to some people on a motorola forum. One of the guys figured out a good way to diagnose it. Download a free app called "Sensor Test," which gives you info about the accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor etc.

From the other forum: "In the App under "Proximity" It should show "2.14...." when nothing is being detected at the proximity sensor and "3.0' when there is. If you put your finger over the upper left corner of the Droid you should see it changing between those 2 readings as you move your finger over and away from the sensor. On mine that would work properly in a dark or dim room. I then tried the same thing with a bright light (or in the sunshine) and the sensor would get stuck on "3.0" which means it's constantly detecting something there.. even though there isn't. Which would explain why the screen dims out and never comes back. I'm not sure if everyone is having the issue only in light.. but that's the way it was for me, amongst a few other people in this thread. Hope I helped!"

I'm going to try this tomorrow to see if mine gets stuck at 3.0. Try it and see what happens!

Cheers

malexander1050

Reaction score
Blank Screen

I've had the same problems with the screen going blank/black whenever a phone call is complete. This has happened a few times since I've own the droid. Which has only been a few days. I've tried everything to have it come back on. The only thing I can do is pull the battery and have it reboot. has anyone figured out how to remedy this issue.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
This has happened to me too. Tried the on button, sliding out the keyboard, nothing... The BACK/MENU/HOME/SEARCH buttons illuminated and the LED was blinking because I had a text, but the screen would NOT come back without pulling the battery.

I set the screen to NEVER go off and I haven't had the problem since, but I also haven't used the phone a lot. I don't think it should have to be that way, now I worry about forgetting to turn it off and wearing down the battery so hopefully another solution comes up.