Black friday

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Just wondering if phones go on sale for black friday not just for a new 2 year contract or upgrade but on full price.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Normally no, at least what I've seen past couple years. The price of the phone has a very good discount on Black Friday, but of course with a 2yr contract.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The deals are on contract phones, not full retail on Black Friday.

KanUHearMeNow

Reaction score
I think this year with this economy and the need for sales, Black Friday may be even better, with more deals (phones and contracts). FYI: I don't know for sure about the phone industry, but I know the trade show vendor industry is slow, and the company where I work is talking about having our first ever Black Friday sale this year, so if phones are anything like trade show stuff, there may be some killer deals.
Anyway, now that you've reminded me that Black Friday is coming up, I may just have to wait on a new phone...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think this year with this economy and the need for sales, Black Friday may be even better, with more deals (phones and contracts). Now that you've reminded me of it, I may just have to wait...

doubt it, economy is on the rebound especially compared to the past two years.

The deals won't be as good as many want them to believe because the companies still need to make a bit of profit themselves. There will be good deals still, but it depends on the item as well.

SirDroidTheCharge

Reaction score
From my experience, mainly big eletronics like tvs and such where people can rush through and get... phones take a while to set up so that would be mayhem.

OP
J

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Been wondering since I won't be trying for a tv this black Friday. Don't need a phone anyway I'm happy with my inc2 just thinking about what might be out around then

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
From my experience, mainly big eletronics like tvs and such where people can rush through and get... phones take a while to set up so that would be mayhem.
Well from my experience, for things like huge TVs or electronics, the store will hand out fliers from the front of the line and ask if anyone is interested in them, then if you are, they give you a ticket and you just use that ticket to go and get your electronic.

Of course, the line will still be long because it take a while, but youre guaranteed to get it without rushing into the store or w/e.