blacberry user w/ seperate gmail accts question

stormgal

Reaction score
Hey there - I am a big fan of blackberry - in fact, I haven't given it up and I really don't intend to, even though I now have the droid. :) So yeah, I have two phones now, at least until i can understand the droid. lol

I'm wondering - how do I create multiple gmail accounts without having my personal life mixed in with work or my "internet" life? One thing that kind of took me by surprise was that when I restarted the droid, all of those facebook accounts - not to mention gmails and other stuff from my net life got mixed in together with the contacts from my regular life including my work people. There's one dude on there who has his lattitude linked up, and now I can see where he is at all times.

So now I get alerts from every aspect of my life and I feel a little bit uncomfortable about this - (I mean who else who has the droid knows about my personal and internet life, not to mention my whereabouts on that google map? :icon_eek:) although I find this a little bit awesome at the same time.

Anyway, is there a way to keep things separate? I had to go and create a new gmail account as I didn't want my regular friends mixed in with my co workers! With my blackberry, it was so simple to keep everyone separate, for lack of a better word. Or do I have to have that one gmail account linked in to every single one of my contacts?

I hope you guys know what I'm talking about lol

Last edited:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey there!

:byestorm:

Welcome to our forums, i would suggest you just use THIS post
for introduction and open up another one for your problem
in the Generel Discussion Section!

:)

Maybe guyslook more often over there!

:welcome:
Tigger

OP
S

stormgal

Reaction score
no worries - I figured it out, and it's looking great! :)