Bitbop to release its Android-dedicated service

aisvo

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:

Source :
Bitbop to release its Android-dedicated service | High Tech Lounge
On June 26, 2010, Bitbop declared that it will soon (probably in the next couple of weeks) start testing an Android variant of its service. This beta will offer access to the same features as the current official BlackBerry version; this gives downloadable and streaming access to over 100 TV shows, at a price of $10 per month. The service will also be rolled out in Germany starting this fall.
The Fox-owned project seems to plan launching the service for the iPad and the iPhone, even if it said that these have a relative low priority, especially because of the App Store’s popularity. Media application developers have usually neglected Android and BlackBerry. Therefore, Bitbop will be the first producing for these platforms, drawing more attention on the company than if it were to launch the service for iPhones.
Joe Bilman, Fox’s Global Products executive VP, declared that making a video application for the iPhone is easier, this being also a large part of what the app is intended for. Moreover, he declared that in the case of BlackBerry, which was created for e-mail and SMS, producing a video application is a more transformative experience; this makes a more expansive use of the platform’s capabilities.
Additional read,
Bitbop aims at Android next, sees no rush for iPhone | Electronista
Bitbop To Follow BlackBerry Debut With Android Test; Preps German Launch | paidContent

Lets hope we can get premium streaming media service soon for android.

Last edited:

razorseal

Reaction score
10 bux a month? rather just watch hulu (if you are one of the lucky ones that can get hulu to work like me :p)

OP
A

aisvo

Reaction score
10 bux a month? rather just watch hulu (if you are one of the lucky ones that can get hulu to work like me :p)

Tried viewing Hulu via Skyfire browser in android 2.1, but it won't load. Well, weren't you lucky to get hulu to work on your phone.. :).
I'm wondering, what version of Android and Browser are you using? :D