Bionic Turns off by itself? What is VZ plan to change phone for a new Bionic?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I noticed 3 times already since I had my phone it turns off by itself and I can only turn it back on by pulling t he battery out and putting it back in. What is VZ policy on swapping it for a new phone? Thanks

LewD1

Reaction score
You have 14 days to exchange from the place you got the phone from. I would swap it out and get a different one.

mach330

Reaction score
if i got mine at costco. after the 14 days and i want to have an exchange or any type of fixes, I always have to go to costco?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
To OP: You have a warranty with verizon. If you have issues with it (I think for a year) you can go into a corp store and have it exchanged for another Bionic. IF you are unpleased with your Bionic and want to exchange it for a different model. You have 14 days from the date of purchase. Just remember that you will need to pay a restocking fee.

To mach330: Yes. You bought the phone from Costco so any returns with the phone would go through them.

LewD1

Reaction score
if i got mine at costco. after the 14 days and i want to have an exchange or any type of fixes, I always have to go to costco?
I believe Costco has a 30 day return policy. Anything out of the return/exchange date is handled through VZW warranty center - where more than likely it will be a refurbished phone sent out as a replacement.

rawveeda

Reaction score
I noticed 3 times already since I had my phone it turns off by itself and I can only turn it back on by pulling t he battery out and putting it back in. What is VZ policy on swapping it for a new phone? Thanks

I have had my bionic since this past thursday (4 days) and today mine just did that at work.

brandon9559

Reaction score
Within 14 days VZW will swap out in store. After that you are mailed a refurbished one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayrod718

Reaction score
Mine did this once when I got it in launch day. I googled and found atrix users have the same issue and turning the battery data mode to performance mode fixes it, i haven't had this issues since and it beenalmost 2 weeks.

mach330

Reaction score
Mine did this once when I got it in launch day. I googled and found atrix users have the same issue and turning the battery data mode to performance mode fixes it, i haven't had this issues since and it beenalmost 2 weeks.

how's your battery since? did it change once you change to performance mode?

JiriJ

Reaction score
I have the same issue - Bionic is turning OFF and ON in the middle of the application - to MOTOROLA logo and resets itself to DROID - at least ONE Minute wait.
How I change (new to Bionic) to the performance mode?
P.S. I was thinking that reason could be automatic switching from 4G mode to strong 4G mode signal.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have the same issue - Bionic is turning OFF and ON in the middle of the application - to MOTOROLA logo and resets itself to DROID - at least ONE Minute wait.
How I change (new to Bionic) to the performance mode?
P.S. I was thinking that reason could be automatic switching from 4G mode to strong 4G mode signal.

Settings > Battery & Data Manger > Battery Mode

By default it's set to Nighttime saver.

Curious. What apps are you running that make it restart?

sajgel

Reaction score
Within 14 days VZW will swap out in store. After that you are mailed a refurbished one.

VZW corporate stores will do the 14 day in-house swaps only if you purchased the device from a Corporate store. If you bought
the phone from another retail, you would have to go thru them for 14 day swap.

JiriJ

Reaction score
It is Verizon WIRELESS phone - talking to other phone in Seattle. Set to 3G ONLY - older phone is showing 4 bars - new Android (3G) - one bar ONLY.
Could it be that some application is pre-empting the call? I did not install anything - eliminated switching to 4G. How comes that 5 year old Motorola simple phone worked better than new GIZMO? Well have one week to return ...

brandon9559

Reaction score
VZW corporate stores will do the 14 day in-house swaps only if you purchased the device from a Corporate store. If you bought
the phone from another retail, you would have to go thru them for 14 day swap.

Isn't that what I said?