Bionic stuck in reboot cycle

wineplz

Reaction score
my Bionic started rebooting about 15 or 20 minutes ago and hasn't stopped. I am stock, and haven't downloaded anything onto it in 2 or 3 days (and that was a Zynga game that I've been playing a lot during that time). Anyone know how to make it stop or do a hard reset? It goes through the first part of the little George Lucas thing, then "Droid" comes on the screen, and then it starts all over again. It never seems to actually load up the OS. At the rate I'm going, this will have to go on until the battery runs out.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Dont let the battery die!
You rooted?
Did you flash something?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
Power off your phone. Then hold down both volume up and down and power it on while holding them down. You will get into the fastboot menu. From there use volume down to highlight the "recovery" option and hit volume up to then select it. Once it boots into recovery you can select the option to format data/cache factory reset and should restore phone to as it was when you bought it. This is of course if you haven't installed a custom rom. If you have it will restore to the bare version of that rom.

OP
W

wineplz

Reaction score
Thanks...didn't see these last night. We ended up putting it in the other room and letting it run down the battery. I charged it overnight and it seems alright this morning. But thanks for the tips to put it in recovery mode...hopefully I won't need them anytime soon. ;)