Clearing davik requires root. You can clear the cache by booting into recovery.
1) Power down
2) Boot into Recovery by pressing Power, Vol Up & Down simultaneously
3) Vol Down for Recovery, then Vol Up
4) When the Android appears, press Vol Up & Down simultaneously
5) Vol Down to "Wipe Cache Partition"
6) Press Power
7) When cache is cleared and done, press Power to reboot
Hey everyone. J I am not rooted. I did wipe clean the cache folder per your instructions. It did not seem to do the tick. This thing hangs up even more now than before. Should i just do a factory reset? Such a pain in the ass to deal with.
I got so sick of this...I went and got the Note 2 today. My bionic was taking 3 to 4 seconds to open emails, or other apps. It all happened after I went to the OTA. It made the phone unbearable at times. I did a factory reset as well after I installed the OTA.
Well I've had my galaxy note 2 for a couple of days now and I'm absolutely loving it. Its my first non-moto phone ever since 1994. I waited for the maxx hd only to get screwed again with a horrible camera and last year's operating system. And the writers that reviewed this phone were right. The build quality is great. If you've got a n upgrade coming, consider it.