Bionic showing up in Verizons system

DanSan

Reaction score
ya know that particular vzw employee could have known something about the bionic and was just relaying personal information. its probably not something that they are told to offer but just a little extra piece of info she/he was giving out. like hey, verizon wants me to tell u about these phones but between us, theres also this phone coming out which we dont have info on yet. maybe?

trailblazen

Reaction score
Thing is though, a friend of mine who works at my local VZ Corporate store (not the authorized retailers around town) said that all calls placed to VZ sales/tech support/etc are taped so there would be no way unless you wanted to be fired would someone give out advance info or false info. Heck even on the floor he said he had to be careful what he said if he wanted to keep his job. "when I am wearing my verizon clothes I have to follow what they tell me, if you catch me outside in plainclothes it could be different but even then its iffy because I like my job."

After hearing him say that I didn't realize how tightlipped they try to keep their employees. Its like some government secrets are kept at VZ the way they treat them lol.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Man this is crazy. I want the Bionic more but I want to get unlimited while I stil can. If only they would give us some solid info on when to expect it. Doesn't Verizon usually offer something off if you bought a phone recently, like in the last month or so.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the Wikipedia page on the Bionic lately? Says May release....but also says will have Android 2.3. I know anyone can update wiki....but just another bit of info that you don't know if you can trust or not. My head is starting to hurt!

dean.collins

Reaction score
@ Nerdslogic

Phone # you called to get offered the Bionic?

Josh

No BS....I asked about 4g and they said "we have 2 options....Tbolt or Bionic. You have 2 upgrades available would you like to use one for either of these" of course I said no.

But either way....that is no BS.

i just called, bionic is not available, calling BS on josh.

dafischman

Reaction score
@ Nerdslogic

Phone # you called to get offered the Bionic?

Josh

No BS....I asked about 4g and they said "we have 2 options....Tbolt or Bionic. You have 2 upgrades available would you like to use one for either of these" of course I said no.

But either way....that is no BS.

i just called, bionic is not available, calling BS on josh.

Calling BS on me? or Nerdslogic? All I did was ask for the number he called, I didn't make the claim. Anyways, it may have been a misunderstanding, either the rep mentioned a phone coming soon, but left out the coming soon part, or maybe they truly were misinformed. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard something from an employee that didn't match the facts.

Josh

Gingervitis526

Reaction score
Yes this is my first post on here, not trying to troll or anything but I went in my local VZW store today and they said not until at least June for the Bionic... complete BS or were they just trying to convince me not to wait and buy a TB?

Adlerson

Reaction score
Yes this is my first post on here, not trying to troll or anything but I went in my local VZW store today and they said not until at least June for the Bionic... complete BS or were they just trying to convince me not to wait and buy a TB?

As is pointed out so often on these forums; Go to 10 different Verizon stores and you'll get 10 different answers.
They MAY know something, or they MAY just want to sell you the TB.

Gingervitis526

Reaction score

As is pointed out so often on these forums; Go to 10 different Verizon stores and you'll get 10 different answers.
They MAY know something, or they MAY just want to sell you the TB.

Yea I hear ya man. Figured I would still throw my 2 cents in the mix.

Reaction score
Nerds is prolly just trolling hahaha but even if he isn't... yes, all calls are recorded, but not listened to! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Ok, just because I can't let things go I called Verizon again and this time talked with a much more personable person(female too). It could be me just reading too much into what she said and how she said it. When I asked about the Bionic she said she had heard a lot about it lately. I specifically asked if she had heard when it would be available and she said (with what sounded a lot like a smile through the phone) that she can't release any information at this time. TIFWIW. There are too many things in motion it seems for the release to not be really soon. Protective cases, screens, and a lot of other accessories. The only thing missing are commercials.....other than the actual announcement itself.

Reaction score
I know ill end up seeing it here before I catch it on tv, but i remember cacthing the OG droid's commercial and was fuggin pumped. So in the spirit of that, have a taste of the idont commercial, and hope that the bionic's is as motivating as the OG.

[video=youtube;e52TSXwj774]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e52TSXwj774]YouTube - Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid (iDon't) Commercial[/video]

tonym302

Reaction score
I think store employees are the last to know. Simply because, they know they are hassled the most by customers like us pushing for a release date.

Reaction score
Yeah, and as many store people as there are, everyone would know whatever they're told hahaha

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I think store employees are the last to know. Simply because, they know they are hassled the most by customers like us pushing for a release date.

Plus there's the old WW2 era saying "Loose lips sink ships". Phones are a strategic element of how carriers compete against each other. If there was full knowledge that "well, if I hold off for x, or the price to drop for y" then it could really hurt the carriers pretty bad. Would the Droid have taken off so well on VZW if they knew the iPhone was coming? I would bet that it might have but been blunted a bit.

In addition if a rep told me the bionic was coming out tomorrow and then it doesn't, then that has started a fire that the other employees have to put out. I've had enough problems with just simple incompetence from employees doing their assigned jobs (Wifey's DroidX upgrade === unmitigated clusterlove), nevermind problems that would erupt from them promising things well beyond their control.

In the mean time, I am hoping BlackmanX's post on the other forums (reposted here in a different thread) holds true as I patiently wait. I hope it's worth the wait - I expect issues but am willing to put up with them for a phone that's faster in every way than my D1.