Bionic running extremely slow.

gsx60trim

Reaction score
Ive had my bionic for about 2-3 months. It was an aewsome phone out of the box. However as of lately it has been running unusually slow. Applications open slowly, they force close rather often. My browser when opened and used will stay on the same page screen, even if i attempt to hit back or forwards. As opposed to either going to the previous page i was on in the browser. The bionic too on ocassion shuts itself off mid use and reboot. I did notice when i got this phone, it had very slight nick marks on the bezel of the phone, aswell as a dead pixel on the screen. Im at the point where im just going to drive to verizon and get another and hope i get a factory new bionic and not a "possible" used one. Any help would be great.

It to maybe has 3 apps installed and no task killers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Look for an app using lots of memory or cpu.

Call Verizon and you'll get a refurbished unit. May fix your issues. I don't have any of them but I'm rooted.

thrgk

Reaction score
how long does rooting take? will it fix my connectivity issue with my bionic?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
how long does rooting take? will it fix my connectivity issue with my bionic?

Takes about 10minutes to root. Google one click root for bionic.

No, it will not fix your connectivity issues. The radio is still the same after rooting.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a Factory Data Reset: These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

OP
G

gsx60trim

Reaction score
Do a Factory Data Reset: These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

This will fix all of my issues?

rjcapp

Reaction score
It might be easier to first go into settings- manage apps - and for each app clear data clear -cache.

this works for me when I get forced closes or for instance I cannot get on the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
G

gsx60trim

Reaction score
Well the factory reset seems to have done the job. Hopefully i dont have to continue to do this from time to time.

eddyban

Reaction score
That happened to me like three times til I call vrz and ask for a new phone now is running good and I have like 50 apps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums