Bionic Reviews decent or wait till Prime?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Engadget, Cnet, Gizmodo have reviewed the Bionic the reviews seem pretty good but in Gizmodo's review they claim to wait in Oct for Samsung Prime which will have Ice Cream Sandwich OS and 1.5 Dual core.. hmmm what to do

FastEddie

Reaction score
I am really thinking of waiting. I have waited this long why not get the best phone. I have. To keep it 2 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
the waiting game is a dangerous one to play though because that next big phone will ALWAYS be on the horizon. No matter what phone you buy it's a matter of weeks or couple of months at the most till the next best thing is out. If the Bionic seems like your cup of tea I say go for it.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am waiting. I don't really see why not. The bionic might be good (except for the pentile screen) but the Prime is going to be way better and its only a month or two away.

idefiler6

Reaction score
(except for the pentile screen)

No one who has unboxed the phone early has any problems with the screen at all, in fact I've heard nothing but good things. I'm getting this phone at a retardedly good price so I'm not going to bother. I also have another upgrade coming in May, in case I want to try out the Samsung. Like the other guy said though, as soon as the Nexus is out, we're going to hear about another super secret mobile phone project.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I am not saying you shouldn't wait, like Winner said, he wants the Prime so that's fine. My point was if you think you want the Bionic than go ahead and get it because if you keep waiting around the for the next best thing you will be waiting forever.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt this is going to be a good, maybe even a great device, but something tells me this will be Verizon's best phone for a very short amount of time. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. There are a lot of us who have waited a long time for a good LTE device and this will serve them well. If it looks good to you, then jump on it. You have 14 days to give it hell and see if it's the phone for you. And maybe within those 14 days Google will drop a Nexus bomb :)

I personally am waiting on word about the Prime. Hopefully it comes to Verizon as a Nexus or I might honestly consider switching carriers. On the other hand, if it comes as a Droid but is "developer friendly" (i.e. unlocked), I would be perfectly okay with that too.

Just give me an unlocked device with no capacitive buttons and ICS... Thanks Verizon!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Buying the costco bundle, then hoping to sell the package back off with only taking a minimal hit on retail prime.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if you wait for the Prime, by the time it's released the next great phone will have been announced and will be 2 months away.. so you wait for that one.. and another phone is announced for Q1 of next year so you wait... and then another phone is announced....

Bionic is the best device available today on any carrier. If you're ready to upgrade from whatever your current device is then do it... or you'll be waiting waiting waiting forever.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buying the costco bundle, then hoping to sell the package back off with only taking a minimal hit on retail prime.

That's actually a pretty damn good idea.

if you wait for the Prime, by the time it's released the next great phone will have been announced and will be 2 months away.. so you wait for that one.. and another phone is announced for Q1 of next year so you wait... and then another phone is announced....

Bionic is the best device available today on any carrier. If you're ready to upgrade from whatever your current device is then do it... or you'll be waiting waiting waiting forever.

This is so true. Such a vicious cycle. I've been waiting since April to pull the trigger.

idefiler6

Reaction score

Exactly.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

The Prime will probably be best phone of this year. After that there is CES in January where quad core phones might be announced but probably won't be released till late spring early summer or longer (bionic for example). So in my opinion waiting for the prime is the best decision.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the bionic has everything I need but maybe not everything I want. With that being said, my current plan is:

A) Hold out until my D1 goes KIA and buy what ever is top at that moment, or
2) Hold out until the Prime drops at which point I will have saved enough to buy off contract
2-Alpha) If the prime isn't worth it, buy a bionic whose price has just dropped dramastically
2-II ) If the prime isn't worth it, the bionic hasn't dropped and my D1 is still working, wait on the DHD