Bionic lapdock

spkay31

Reaction score
Lapdock end of life- right before ICS Bionic lauch ;-)

I also bought a bargain basement Bionic lapdock and was so disappointed with the completely anemic performance under Gingerbread. I did follow the ICS development closely enough to realize the Webtop in ICS would be a very different implementation and decided to hold off before dumping it on eBay. I am pleasantly suprised with Webtop 3.0, I'd love to see some other improvements, i.e. easily expanding available memory via SDcard swap expansion or similar. BUT the Webtop 3.0 experience is very usable and makes me happy I kept my Bionic lapdock, so that is the best endorsement one could hope for of ICS as far as the Webtop is concerned.

If any developers are considering hacks/mods/enhancements to Webtop 3.0 OR getting webuntu working on ICS I would be willing to lend a hand if you are looking for help.

bionic207

Reaction score
I got mine on sale at verizon for $50.Didn't use it much.It was kinda a pain except for watching Netflix. Now with ICS and not using firefox I use it alot. Only complaint is my hands while typing hit the mouse. Really like having it now. I can do Everything on here.

spkay31

Reaction score
Only complaint is my hands while typing hit the mouse. Really like having it now. I can do Everything on here.
I agree the overly large and sensitive touchpad does contribute to a lot of typing errors, etc. But it adds of lot of value with Webtop 3.0.

RandySr

Reaction score
A quick double tap on the small light on the upper left corner of the track pad disables it. I wound up getting a cheap Motorola Bluetooth mouse to navigate with and it works great.

Reaction score
I just bought a Bionic brand new on ebay for $195 to avoid losing my unlimited LTE by "upgrading" (downgrading) to a new phone and I grabbed this lapdock at ben's outlet for $70 shipped. I know these aren't made anymore and Ben's is showing low stock so I snapped one up. I travel a LOT and I don't always want to be carting around a 17" laptop plus this just seems cool. Plus with the new webtop software it should really breathe new life into this thing.

dbakron

Reaction score
Got mine for $ 80 a while ago and with the up date it is a lot faster.

Reaction score
Using mine I find it kind of buggy but great as a spare laptop. I leave it in my center console in the event I need a computer and can't get to one although I don't know when I'd need it over just using the bionic itself. Probably for a portable emulator station for some mariokart action...

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Got my lap dock during that 50 dollar sale VZW was doing. It sucked while under gingerbread. Ice cream sandwich has turned it into a nice accessory.

brroid

Reaction score
I also picked up a $50 Lapdock. Been using it for about two weeks. I found it clumsy until I added a wireless mouse, and now I find that I'm using it more than my laptop.
My fat fingers needed a short learning curve on the smaller keyboard and a few of the keyboard/mouse actions are a bit different than Windows, but I've mostly adjusted. I just like that I can shove it into a backpack and I hardly know it's there. I don't need to lug around a heavy computer bag.
I don't like touch screen devices, so this is near perfect for me.

Reaction score
I haven't used mine in months honestly. It travels with me as a backup laptop so I guess that's a nice safety net to have on the road though.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
ive been playing dead trigger on my phone while plugged into my lapdock and using the Moga controller. the bigger screen is awesome :icon_ lala:, even better then playing on my N7. the lapdock is much more functional now.

Reaction score
Ugh gotta upgrade to JB, waiting for root at least or maybe I'll just do rootkeeper... I actually have been using mine a little more lately. Wife's laptop was down needing a new mobo so I gave her mine to use while we waited for parts to come in from the evilbays. Wasn't too bad actually. Just had to keep it in phone mode on the homescreen vs webtop or it would jam up for some reason...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ugh gotta upgrade to JB, waiting for root at least or maybe I'll just do rootkeeper... I actually have been using mine a little more lately. Wife's laptop was down needing a new mobo so I gave her mine to use while we waited for parts to come in from the evilbays. Wasn't too bad actually. Just had to keep it in phone mode on the homescreen vs webtop or it would jam up for some reason...

We have root.

Reaction score
I really wish the OVA root method was stickied in more places... either that or my google-fu sucks but I usually find that stuff pretty fast. Anyway its rooted, flying along on the stock rooted rom, great battery life and the lapdock works even better. On ICS it would crash all the time in webtop mode, in JB it does not. Lapdock saved my internet life this last week when my laptop charger went awol and I had to resort to my lapdock as my primary computer for 3 days. Not bad, not bad at all. Detected my wireless usb mouse right away and was basically a netbook for me. No Skyrim but oh well...