Bionic lapdock

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was the 100, should i be looking for something else??

Link would be awesome

It's the one at Motorola Droid Bionic Lapdock | Verizon Wireless and mentioned at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/210081-motorola-droid-bionic-lapdock-sale.html and Deal Alert: DROID Bionic Lapdock Now Going for $50 Brand New at Verizon – Droid Life It is NOT the Lapdock 100, which, as you found out, hasn't been discounted.

I wouldn't bother looking online, but go to Store Locator - Verizon Wireless and enter your Zip Code. Look at the stores in the first tab as they would be the ones that would have them in stock. It'll be a "while supplies last" in stores sort of thing.

It was mentioned in another thread, but even if they say it's $199.99 in the store, have them scan it to show the discount. And it may be possible that if you use a Zip Code away from you, they might ship it and charge it to your Verizon account so it would appear on your next bill.

HTC1

Reaction score
I just bought one. its worth $50 but not the $300 they used to sell them for

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just got mine this morning in the mail. Tried to use it before I went to work to find out when it loads up, you see everything but it doesn't respond. I'm running eclipse 2.2 with safestrap and figured it was due to that. I looked around online and found that safestrap prevents the paddock from functioning and a few people were having difficulty uninstalling it? Which confused me because the application itself will remove it. I left eclipse on and removed safestrap recovery (leaving my ext3 tho) because I figured I can just reinstall it later if I want to do something. I will be testing this in a couple hours when I get home and I hope it works. I really don't want to go back to stock for this.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

Graymayre

Reaction score
It's supposed to work fine with bootstrap and cwm recovery, but safestrap messes with it. And it isn't working for me. It won't load completely, the browser loads and you see everything, but the mouse won't work and the virtual phone won't load.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

susafuss

Reaction score
damn ever since i heard about the price drop i have been calling around all the stores in my area, all are sold out and i call probably 20 stores lol

Markb129072

Reaction score
The Bionic Lapdock is on sale at Verizon stores for 49.97.They are on clearance now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went to 2 Verizon stores. They are completely out of them at the warehouses, but the 2nd store I went to was able to find one at another store and he's shipping it to our door. $49.97. Good luck, they're harder and harder to find

mackiv

Reaction score
purchased mine for the $53.?? at the verizon in berkeley, CA. took em a good hour to find it!!! brought me everyone that wasn't on sale ...lol then finally the manager had come from the back, and it turns out one of the employees had tucked it away for me because i called in about it! sweet deal, takes sum gettin used to, but im on day 5 and its already made using my fone easier. i was lucky enough to get the bionic for the $70 price back when it first came out, and the extended battery for $25, this is just the icing on the cake! i forgot to check to see if there were anymore...lol they took so long to find mine i was like F it!!! haha good luck yall, this thing is DEfinately worth the $53

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
crimattyple said:
I've had mine for about a month and think it was a "steal" at $80. Really expands the abilities of the phone. One thing I find annoying is once my Bionic is in the dock and I open the lapdock it doesn't always seem to "load". I can see what's on the screen but pressing a button or trying to get into an app does nothing. I have to reseat the phone a couple of times before it works, even tho when seated the first time I can see that it's connected. Haven't found a solution to that yet, but I definitely have no regrets in getting it.

Instead of resetting your phone, try just closing and reopening the lap dock.

And I'm sure most of you know its good to restart your phone before you plug it into the lap dock, not necessary but good for memory usage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I find annoying is once my Bionic is in the dock and I open the lapdock it doesn't always seem to "load". I can see what's on the screen but pressing a button or trying to get into an app does nothing. I have to reseat the phone a couple of times before it works, even tho when seated the first time I can see that it's connected. Haven't found a solution to that yet, but I definitely have no regrets in getting it.

Instead of resetting your phone, try just closing and reopening the lap dock.

I've also made it work by clicking on the "Mobile View" at the bottom and clicking on it again.