bionic jelly Bean update woes - Facebook contact photos

rileym94

Reaction score
My phone updated yesterday, and with relatively few problems. The one issue i have is that my Facebook contact photos aren't showing up! 90% of my contacts photos were from fb, and it will drive me crazy if i don't have em. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd appreciate the help!

--Droid Forum Noob

TatDroid

Reaction score
I seem to remember that there were no pics on my contacts that were FB friends at first. But now, after a few days on JB, and a power down reboot along the way, they now show. (I'm bone stock)

Imprezive

Reaction score
My contacts are working but the picture icons for the quick contact widget are not. Anyone have any suggestions?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Same problem here. Have not found a fix yet as to why.

OP
R

rileym94

Reaction score
Same problem here. Have not found a fix yet as to why.

I found the answer! Facebook settings reset with the update. If you go into facebook, the very bottom of the settings menu is the option for sync contacts. I selected "sync with existing contacts" so that all the extra people I don't need won't show up. Happy droid back in my hands dancedroid

Imprezive

Reaction score
I found the answer! Facebook settings reset with the update. If you go into facebook, the very bottom of the settings menu is the option for sync contacts. I selected "sync with existing contacts" so that all the extra people I don't need won't show up. Happy droid back in my hands dancedroid

Just tried that sync with existing contacts was already selected. Tried syncing none and then sync with existing and still failed to bring to quick contact widget

OP
R

rileym94

Reaction score
Just tried that sync with existing contacts was already selected. Tried syncing none and then sync with existing and still failed to bring to quick contact widget

Yeah, mine disappeared after a reboot. Surely we aren't the only ones with this problem...

Jettaguy2003

Reaction score
I had this problem too, but I found as I used Facebook and called people regularly, they automatically reloaded again. I think the cache gets wiped out on the upgrade. So after a bit it builds it back up. No worries, it's only pictures! You can perm. assign pictures to contacts and they come out looking better anyway. The pictures that are copied from people's facebook profiles are technically too small, thus when they are resized to the contact picture size, they get all pixelated and don't look as good anyway.

OP
R

rileym94

Reaction score
Well I'm afraid Verizon told me that this is a developer problem, and I needed to contact google or Motorola to get an answer :icon_ cry:

grumpy22

Reaction score
go to your phones settings scroll down to Accounts, click on Facebook, then your menu button and click sync. This is what I had to do in order for my FB photos to show up on my phone.

Hope this works for you.

Last edited: