Bionic has it, D4, Razr, Nexus do NOT.

ambrown

Reaction score
It is kind if nice to have a radio on hand but do I use it a lot? Not really.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
Q

quizzard

Reaction score
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and use it to tune into the TV's.

welsalex

Reaction score
I use the Spirit FM FREE App. Works very well. Just make sure you select motorola in the settings for it to work. Having root also gets it to work better.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I use TuneIn Radio - while it isn't the same, it does the job and I still get several local stations...

alboboy10

Reaction score
"DOES not" would be the proper way to phrase the sentence.

P.s. I've had it on every phone and never used it, don't even use it in my car lol. You know what the nexus has that those phones don't though: unlocked boot loader. No crapware. And a Google branding (real one).

:/

Last edited:

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Forgive me for not knowing but how do u access the fm radio on the bionic? Via an app?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yup, there's a bundled app named, appropriately enough, "FM Radio." Be sure you have something plugged into the headphone jack to serve as an antenna.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered why more phones don't come with an FM radio included. I guess its because of the large success of streaming internet radio. But truth be told, I'd love to have one (it just wasn't first on my list)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I've always wondered why more phones don't come with an FM radio included. I guess its because of the large success of streaming internet radio. But truth be told, I'd love to have one (it just wasn't first on my list)
When I had my Droid 1 I used to be really jealous that other phones had FM radios. I remember the nexus One had one and I was pissed off that my Droid didn't, heh heh. Radio over 3G was far from reliable, so an FM tuner would have been nice to have.

Nowadays I dont think I'd miss it though. With 4G you can stream radio pretty flawlessly from anywhere, and unlike video it eats up almost no bandwidth. I still like the idea of having it, just like I would rather have NFC. But like NFC, I doubt I would use it.

I've been told that the Rezound does have FM hardware, but there are no apps that can access it right now. If there are any that come along I would probably get them just for the sake of novelty.

nomadh

Reaction score
This would have been the perfect phone if it had a low power AM radio. FM is for music and I have that loaded already. AM is for streaming local info. Streaming it over wireless ip takes too much power.