Bionic for a RAZR ?

jjbval

Reaction score
Bionic for a RAZR ? Would you trade a Bionic for a RAZR if Verizon offered you one ?

I'm having terrible 4G connectivity issues, and even though I'm using the latest SW that was supposed to fix the connectivity issues, it doesn't. Verizon is telling me Ice Cream Sandwich will fix those 4G blues, but they said the same thing about the last two software updates.

So: would you ? Or does the RAZR have the same 4G connectivity issues, where 4G conks out all the time, drops to 3G (sometimes), and drops out altogether sometimes.

Sometimes even the airplane mode ON/OFF trick doesn't work and I have to powercycle. Sometimes the Bionic freezes and i have to pull the battery.

jimmysif88

Reaction score
Havnt had a bionic but got the max and its awzum.

Kick a *** phone. One month inn

09HDMSCL

Reaction score
same here. I was pretty excited about the Bionic. I got it at upgrade price. I have never paid the retail price for a phone but I am so displeased with the bionic that i am thinking about buying the razr or even the Droid 4 at retail.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Definitely a trade up going from Bionic to RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not really enthralled by the Razr, but if I had to get rid of my Bionic for a Razr, I'd go with the Razr Maxx.

That being said, it looks like all Verizon 4G phones can have a problem with data, so in theory, you could trade one bad phone for another. Since you're asking this question on the Razr forum, take a look and see what other owners are talking (ie complaining) about. Of course I haven't had the problems you'd had with my Bionic, but I can understand where you're coming from.

Of course, if I had a phone based on my needs, rather than my wants, I'd still have my Moto E815.

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'd rather have a Bionic than an "OG" Droid Razr. If you were offered the Razr Maxx then that may be a different story, but it seems like you would essentially just be getting a slimmer phone without the ability to remove the battery if you got the first Droid Razr.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bionic for a RAZR ? Would you trade a Bionic for a RAZR if Verizon offered you one ?

I'm having terrible 4G connectivity issues, and even though I'm using the latest SW that was supposed to fix the connectivity issues, it doesn't. Verizon is telling me Ice Cream Sandwich will fix those 4G blues, but they said the same thing about the last two software updates.

So: would you ? Or does the RAZR have the same 4G connectivity issues, where 4G conks out all the time, drops to 3G (sometimes), and drops out altogether sometimes.

Sometimes even the airplane mode ON/OFF trick doesn't work and I have to powercycle. Sometimes the Bionic freezes and i have to pull the battery.

I installed Data Enabler Widget and it works for cycling the data connections every time, even when airplane mode toggling doesn't. As far as freezing, I haven't had the phone do that for me at all since November when I got it. If you did have to "battery pull", it's done on the RAZR by holding the power button and volume down for about 10 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I have a razor maxx and my connection does turn from 4G blue color bars to white bars without the 4 or 3G icons for 20 seconds then the blue 4G bar shows up again. It happens at least twice a day. I got used to it lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I had the Bionic before the Maxx, and I love my Maxx but there's no way I'd trade Bionic for a regular Razr. No way at all. But only because of the battery. The Maxx is fantastic though.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
yeah i have the same problem with my bionic data drops at randoms times and only sometimes it comes back righ away and sometimes it doesn't irritation to say the least cause most of the time i need the data and its not there it sucks paying 30 bucks a month for data and i can't use it 50% of the time lol. the not being able to change the battery part of the razr isn't a big seller for me otherwise iv heard that the razr is just a thinner bionic. read it one here some were.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people have had similar experiences with data on the Razr, but I'd say it's definitely not quite the problem it was on the Bionic. Keep in mind the Razr's form factor is completely different. I personally loved the Bionic's size, but felt the Razr was like putting a small tablet up to my ear. But that's extremely subjective.

---
Rezounded! whatever that means... ;)

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Every time i read stuff like this l realise how blind lucky i am. Got cpo bionic last week in december...rooted immediately (.893 delivered) waited on .902 OTA to debloat and it's been absolutely golden since day one. If they would just unlock the bootloader i'd be good for at least a year before it gets boring.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

down1plus2

Reaction score
After about 4 replacements of the Bionic Verizon finally gave in and sent me a droid razr. The connection is way better on the razr for me over my bionic. Not to mention its more snappier. The only downside to razr is the obvious...the battery drains stupid fast.