BIONIC Black Glass Style Keyboard and Others

ArmyDude

Reaction score
For those of you familiar with the Black Glass X theme by 928Droid, I have ported some of the keyboard colors and images into the Bionic Keyboard.

Below are the screenshots along with the install for it.

This install package must be installed from Bionic Bootstrapper, which means you must be ROOTed. You also must be DeOdexed. My Auto-DeOdexer is in my signature.

I have this running on my phone from the install package, so I know it works. This does not mess with the swype keyboard at all. This only replaces the LatinIME.apk file which is for the standard Multi-touch Keyboard.

If you have issues, just let me know.

Again, as I always say, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you mess up your phone.... it's not my fault.

ENJOY!!!

I added the Factory LatinIME.apk install as well for those that wish to revert back to the factory grey.
View attachment 40831
View attachment 40832
View attachment 40833View attachment 40834

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Thanks for theming this. But when I download the .zips it keeps telling me invalid files. Any thoughts?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks for theming this. But when I download the .zips it keeps telling me invalid files. Any thoughts?

How are you trying to install them? You must use the recovery bootstrapper to install. Worked for me and others.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
How are you trying to install them? You must use the recovery bootstrapper to install. Worked for me and others.
I've tried through recovery and through rom manager. But I'm downloading them to my desktop then transferring to my SD Card. But when I attempt to open the files on my desktop, it won't let me.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I've tried through recovery and through rom manager. But I'm downloading them to my desktop then transferring to my SD Card. But when I attempt to open the files on my desktop, it won't let me.

Which recovery are you using? The first free one? or the new CWM one?

cyberhern

Reaction score
Killer Very cool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he zipped it up incorrectly... try this .zip

If you're bashing my abilities.... you might want to check yourself. I've been doing these things for a while and am quite aware of how to zip this stuff correctly. One user having issues downloading and installing has nothing to do with the authors work. These have been installed by many, including myself several times.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you're bashing my abilities.... you might want to check yourself. I've been doing these things for a while and am quite aware of how to zip this stuff correctly. One user having issues downloading and installing has nothing to do with the authors work. These have been installed by many, including myself several times.

not my style to bash people, always only trying to help, just look at my history ....
didn't mean for you to take offense but I only mentioned what I seen in your zip, not surewhat you used to zip up that file but what I seen was a black keyboard zip with a black keyboard folder inside of it, and that folder had the Meta & system folder .....so I couldn't install or extract the normal way neither....
Don't ask me why it did that, figured you accidently zipped up the black keyboard folder instead of zipping up the Meta & system folders...

So don't take offense brah, none was intended....only was trying to help.