Bionic Battery Dying Quick

bionic207

Reaction score
Got ICS update OTA. Noticed battery draining much faster. I have done things like clearing the cache. Making settings to turn off wifi when not at home or work. Turned screen brightness down. Doing the calibarting per KAT. Waiting for 2nd charge to be done.
I charge it to 100% and only got 4+ hrs out of it. Used Facebook,Angry Birds and Dice with Buddies and a bit of internet. Txt a few times and made 4 calls.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO BETTER BATTERY LIFE? Doesn't make sense to have a smart phone if I can only get 4hrs out of 100% charge. Before ICS I would get a solid day or more out of 100% charge

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the battery stats file and then following FoxCat's charging directions?

OP
B

bionic207

Reaction score
Why is there two android os. As you can see in picture?

ForumRunner_20121103_094916.png

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are both checked settings. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that basically says. "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

I've read, though never used it, that the app MyBackUp Pro can be used to back up your stuff prior to doing the FDR.

Good luck.

OP
B

bionic207

Reaction score
Little tech challenged here. Where do I check those setting to back up n restore? Don't want to have to start from scratch by doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Little tech challenged here. Where do I check those setting to back up n restore? Don't want to have to start from scratch by doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

From the home screen select settings. Now for me this is where it gets complicated: my wife has the Bionic and is out right now. So I can't checked on her phone. My Gnex is rooted and I'm running Jelly Bean. So checking for the exact menu item title is not going to happen for me right now. However, prior to Ice Cream Sandwich, and perhaps still, the setting item was labeled "Privacy". That being said, you can not hurt anything by opening the various menu items, then hitting the "back" button, until you find the setting that has those two options.

Good luck.

OP
B

bionic207

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20121105_174441.png

After doing a calibration of the battery. This is with moderate use and on 3g/wifi.