Bionic Band/Edge/Bumper Case?

lilhill

Reaction score

timedroid2

Reaction score
Just got an Otter - a pricey $49 (less any discounts - I got 20% off) which encases the phone in a plastic shell which includes a screen cover, adds a rubber case over all but the screen area & finally has a belt holder/stand it all snaps into. Feels VERY solid - appears to offer great protection. Once I saw it I decided to get it vs the $14.95 (less any discount) silicon cases. Those are closer to the ones on your links but are no where near as comprehensive in totally encasing the phone almost to water proof levels (but not quite that far).

If you really want to protect your new phone take a look at the Otter. I had a Body Glove for over two years on my Palm Pre+ and it did very well overall but could fall off as it used tiny & breakable clips on four-six spots around the case. In a fall they could break off & thus the $20 case was toast (but they did cover two under warranty - once that ran out I used electrical tape to replace the clips - worked very well & blended in so you had to look to see it). This new Otter goes WAY beyond the Body Glove design and is built like a case for a tablet. Again I highly recommend it.

OP
lilhill

lilhill

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've checked out Otters, the silicon types, etc etc. like I mentioned, I hate cases. Many get suck in pockets and add bulk to the phone. K really like the band/edge case. Maybe I'll just switch to an i*hone... ha. Yeah right.

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

OP
lilhill

lilhill

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking...

DROID BIONIC

OP
lilhill

lilhill

Reaction score
Bump...

DROID BIONIC

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
BUMP! C'mon someone fwd this to a developer. Perhaps one of the Apple case makers. I'd LOVE an edge type of case!

richtheruler

Reaction score
I'm looking all over for somethig like this. Does anyone know if its on the market yet or does it exist?

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Whoever does will make some decent money for it. I really like the "edges" one the OP linked

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I am actually thinking about making one of these..only problem is I don't have a single design bone in my body! My idea was to purchase a cheap case and simply cut out the back with an exacto knife? Ideas??

OP
lilhill

lilhill

Reaction score
I still haven't found one on the internet.

I bought a high gloss TPU silicone case and tried to cut the back out in order to make such a case. It didn't work so well...

DROID BIONIC

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got an Otter - a pricey $49 (less any discounts - I got 20% off) which encases the phone in a plastic shell which includes a screen cover, adds a rubber case over all but the screen area & finally has a belt holder/stand it all snaps into. Feels VERY solid - appears to offer great protection. Once I saw it I decided to get it vs the $14.95 (less any discount) silicon cases. Those are closer to the ones on your links but are no where near as comprehensive in totally encasing the phone almost to water proof levels (but not quite that far).

If you really want to protect your new phone take a look at the Otter. I had a Body Glove for over two years on my Palm Pre+ and it did very well overall but could fall off as it used tiny & breakable clips on four-six spots around the case. In a fall they could break off & thus the $20 case was toast (but they did cover two under warranty - once that ran out I used electrical tape to replace the clips - worked very well & blended in so you had to look to see it). This new Otter goes WAY beyond the Body Glove design and is built like a case for a tablet. Again I highly recommend it.

The only issue is no car dock use with an otter box. I have the VZW silicon case and it fits great doesn't slip off and protects everything get a zagg screen shield and you'll be good to go

Or those ghost shield things

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

WILDCHILD

Reaction score
i am looking for a case that will fit droid bionic with extended life battery but cant find one but i do love the extended life battery will go almost 2 days with heavy usage

jrshelton13

Reaction score
i am looking for a case that will fit droid bionic with extended life battery but cant find one but i do love the extended life battery will go almost 2 days with heavy usage

The only one I have seen, (I haven't really been in the market lately) is the one that Verizon sells with the belt/holster combo.
It will fit either the regular or extended battery and allows you to to clip it to your pants and has a kickstand, its not my favorite case but it does the job for the extended battery.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums