Bionic accessory question

Reaction score
So my last truck purchase was just outside the inclusion of a aux 3.5mm jack so I need to buy a new fm transmitter. Im assuming they are all the same ports (3.5mm jack and micro usb if its a charger/transmitter combo) Does anyone have any good suggestions for a fm transmitter charger? Im in my truck alot and would like to stream pandora whilst driving. Thanks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
FM transmitters all adversely impact sound quality. Don't assume that you're stuck with FM. Plenty of companies make Aux in adapters for factory radios. Check with USA Spec, PAC Audio, etc.

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
FM transmitters all adversely impact sound quality. Don't assume that you're stuck with FM. Plenty of companies make Aux in adapters for factory radios. Check with USA Spec, PAC Audio, etc.

Thank you VERY much.. I think the fm transmitters suck but didnt realize there was a workaround for OEM radios without a 3.5 mm aux

Oxymoron

Reaction score
With how easy it is to replace the stereo, and how cheap aftermarket stereos are, you should just replace it. You have to pull it out of the dash to install the adapter anyway.

I got a really decent Sony X-plode with the harness, and everything for like a hundred bucks. Took the old one out and replaced it with the new one in less than an hour.

*customized tapatalk signature*

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
With how easy it is to replace the stereo, and how cheap aftermarket stereos are, you should just replace it. You have to pull it out of the dash to install the adapter anyway.

I got a really decent Sony X-plode with the harness, and everything for like a hundred bucks. Took the old one out and replaced it with the new one in less than an hour.

*customized tapatalk signature*

I had my custom radio/system phase. I actually would like to just keep my radio oem... I think it looks better with the original radio and perhaps a nice looking 3.5mm port conveniently placed somewhere aesthetically pleasing as opposed to replacing it with a double din head unit. (05 dodge ram) That does not look like it belongs in the truck.