Big news!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score

captain howdy

Reaction score
Too bad it will not happen tills the end of the year. Hey perhaps they will buy Verizon lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
12.5 billion in cash.......damm!!!!!!! This is good news for us motorola owners :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
They are buying them for the patents they own primarily. Don't expect any drastic policy changes, especially towards existing products. Hopefully the next (qwerty rocking I wish :)) Nexus phone will be build by Motorola.

gthotie5

Reaction score
They are buying them for the patents they own primarily. Don't expect any drastic policy changes, especially towards existing products. Hopefully the next (qwerty rocking I wish :)) Nexus phone will be build by Motorola.

That would make my dreams come true.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I will have to say that I'm TOTALLY STOKED! I wish this would have happened sooner! I'ts nothing but good news! I think that Motorola will finally release a phone similar to the Nexus S! finally a no-nonsense phone... least Verizon doesn't dip their bloated hands into the mix....

Byakushiki

Reaction score
No, vzw will still complain for lack of bloat...They just stick it in for the money. I'm really hoping for a D1 like phone though, (D1=downgraded N1 with keyboard) a Droid without any custom UI's but with hardware acceleration would be nice. My only gripe would be if it isn't usable with gsm.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Heard about it this morning. Pretty great, in my opinion.

Maybe Google can push for unlocked bootloaders for devices that are sold under Verizon.

Things would be so much easier if we had full access.

Either way, hopefully the next incarnation of the Droid will have an unlocked bootloader and vanilla Android.

ufcfan72

Reaction score
unlikely.... unless Google BUYS Verizon

That's not out of the question either. As long as android op is so fragmented, it will never be as open as we would like. This is my opinion. We can't buy a chevy but demand a toyota engine in it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I think that Motorola will finally release a phone similar to the Nexus S! finally a no-nonsense phone... least Verizon doesn't dip their bloated hands into the mix....
Motorola probably will easily release such phones. For Europe. On GSM.

The world doesn't revolve around Verizon.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Think of a Motorola phone.... most of them are filled with bloatware. thats not Moto's doing, BUT the carriers bidding... I KNOW that the world doesnt revolve around Verizon, so I HAVE to deal with them until i switch, so it matters to me that Verizon has a NO BLOAT phone like the Nexus S. I would hope that Motorola work with Verizon to put something out like that. At this rate, the deal with Google buying the mobile division of Moto wont be complete till late 2011 and early 2012, and even then i would give them ATLEAST 6 months after that to have a phone in the works