BEWARE Xenums.com

tincup703

Reaction score
Anyone received an unauthorized charge on their credit card from Xenums.com? I recently routinely updated some apps on my Droid and the next day a charge for $4.72 showed up on the credit card associated with the Market.

Did a google search on the phone number listed on my statement and found hundreds of complaints about unauthorized charges by this outfit in MI. All the charges they make end in .72. Check your bills and report this outfit to the Federal Trade Commission.

Unfortunately I can't figure out which app update triggered this unauthorized charge.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone received an unauthorized charge on their credit card from Xenums.com? I recently routinely updated some apps on my Droid and the next day a charge for $4.72 showed up on the credit card associated with the Market.

Did a google search on the phone number listed on my statement and found hundreds of complaints about unauthorized charges by this outfit in MI. All the charges they make end in .72. Check your bills and report this outfit to the Federal Trade Commission.

Unfortunately I can't figure out which app update triggered this unauthorized charge.

Charges are handled by Google Checkout. The individual companies are listed on the billings but Google Checkout handles everything. If you have an issue with something take it up with them. They are the same thing as paypal and should be able to assist you.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen with an outfit in MI before, I tihnk. Can't say it was Xenum, but it's an easy fix:

Report to your credit card company. In many cases, these places "test" card number with a rather innocent and innocuous charge like that before hitting you with serious damage.

I would suspect this has nothing to do with your Droid and the App store. There are literally umpteen million ways for your credit card # to get stolen. I've had that happen to me once or twice in the last 15 years. In both cases, just report the fraudulent charge to your CC company and there should be no issues.