better?

Hawk

Reaction score
What makes the X better than my rooted droid?

I'll give you the screen, but I'm over clocked to 800mhz, running BBv0.4, smooth as silk.

I can update and am thinking about it, but I would like to hear from some people than have had or have both.
Thanks,

baniels

Reaction score
Well...

CPU, Camera, HD Video recording, Avalable room for installing apps, RAM...

What makes the X better than my rooted droid?

I'll give you the screen, but I'm over clocked to 800mhz, running BBv0.4, smooth as silk.

I can update and am thinking about it, but I would like to hear from some people than have had or have both.
Thanks,

dragozoid

Reaction score
I have both (about to ship my D1 to a buyer though) and before I unrooted it, my D1 ran BB v0.4 at 1GHz.

• Running both at 1GHz, the X stays cool while the D1 gets hot
  • The X comes with 8GB of storage for app memory as well as 512MB of RAM while the D1 only has 256MB for app storage
  • The browser on the X is much smoother
  • 4.3 inch screen > 3.7 inch screen
  • The X is faster, smoother, and more responsive
  • Better battery life on the X
  • Camera on the X is much better
  • The X will be able to run Gingerbread

That's all I can think of right now. And that's a 2.1 X compared to an overclocked 2.2 D1. Once the X gets 2.2, there's no telling how much better it'll be.

Last edited:

Ansextra

Reaction score
I've never used a D1 but I have no desire for a physical keyboard taking up phone depth.

dulaney22

Reaction score
I've never used a D1 but I have no desire for a physical keyboard taking up phone depth.

This. People complain about the size of the X, but I don't mind so long as it's not an inch thick.