Better Market APP?

M

Matth3w

I'll keep suscribed to this thread just to see what you come up with. Let us know whether you plan to continue the project or not so we know whether or not to hold our breath. :)

mad3963

Reaction score
Sounds like a great concept! I'll be watching to see what develops. Sounds like something I would definitely be willing to pay for.

Chris1

Reaction score
Check out this app: My Market :
My Market - Cyrket

Very good for filtering junk out of the market.

Does have annoying extra click though to get to app details.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
At the very least, it could be a catalog that tracked all the categories, specific types, revisions, reviews (useful survey-style ones), and suggestions (if you like x, try out y). Then it could link you to the market app page to do the purchase/download. And it could be driven by ad revenue, since it's independent.

Purgatory

Reaction score
If you had a way to backup those apps that was also able to link them to the market so they could be updated after reloading them onto a newly restored droid, that would be great.

mad3963

Reaction score
My Market - Cyrket

I tried this a while back. Unfortunately, it does not work. It would have been great, if it worked. Follow your link and read the reviews.

qoncept

Reaction score
The Market app is crap. Not having any options to filter is completely ridiculous. And how about rating comments? The majority of them are apparently written by complete morons. "Dons't work, lol dont instale"

Listing the top or featured apps by category also seems like common sense.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
You can already filter basically... any boolean search expressions will work in the market just like a google search

So if you don't want a "soundboard" app to show up, type "-soundboard" after your search criteria.
Boolean Search - Learn How to Use Boolean Search

I would rather be able to sort by things like rating, popularity, most comments, etc. I think that would be useful

M

Matth3w

My Market - Cyrket

Too bad it doesn't work.

The Market app is crap. Not having any options to filter is completely ridiculous. And how about rating comments? The majority of them are apparently written by complete morons. "Dons't work, lol dont instale"

Listing the top or featured apps by category also seems like common sense.
Or don't forget the people that run the pirated apk sites that rate something 5 stars and say "we have all apps at xxxxxxxxx.com"

kaboyd

Reaction score
I think the search feature in the Market is poor. If I enter an app name but make a mistake on one letter, it cannot find what I want. I would also like to see it search for keywords in the title and description of the apps.

M

Matth3w

I think the search feature in the Market is poor. If I enter an app name but make a mistake on one letter, it cannot find what I want. I would also like to see it search for keywords in the title and description of the apps.
Which is somewhat funny considering Google runs it and they pretty much pioneered the "did you mean" on Google.com.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Which is somewhat funny considering Google runs it and they pretty much pioneered the "did you mean" on Google.com.

I know, it really shocked me the first time I used the market. I thought they weren't even trying.

M

Matth3w

well I guess we have confirmed what I said in one of the first posts though...that you can't put a 3rd party market app on the market. haha