Better keyboard app

kkwan77

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Any comments or suggestions if this is worth it?

I read there was a free skin version and a version you purchase.

mad3963

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Any comments or suggestions if this is worth it?

I read there was a free skin version and a version you purchase.

I've been using it a couple days now. Like it very much, especially the fact that you can skin it. You purchase the Better Keyboard app (couple bucks or so) and all the skins are free. Give it a try. Lots of skins to match aHome/OpenHome themes.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
How much better is it than the stock touchscreen keyboard?

Pro / Cons of this app?

Dream

Reaction score
Interested in this as well, the virtual keyboad on this phone needs some work.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Ok, I can verify that after purchasing this - there is a benefit when typing in the portrait view. It is more responsive and accuracy for me at least is higher than the stock touchscreen kb.

I recommend this.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I purchased it because I am a fan of SureType in portrait mode. While it is a nice responsive keyboard, the predictive text is the worst I've ever seen. There are certain words that it just will NOT let me spell, no matter how many times I try to type it in. So in those cases, I have to change the keyboard to qwerty and type it that way.:icon_evil: Unless there is a setting that I'm missing, SureType is a joke! I'm keeping it though because it has tons of cool skins.

mad3963

Reaction score
Others are right. Much more responsive and accurate, compared to the stock touchscreen keyboard. Predictive text seems to work very well for me.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until someone releases a milti touch virtual keyboard. Until then, the stock one will have to do.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that sometimes the txt box will retract as your typing and momentarily freeze before coming back up? :icon_eek:

Gadgetguitar

Reaction score
Not sure why I like the Droid native keyboard

I will say when I ordered the Droid, I expected to buy this app. Once I got the Droid, I really like the native keyboard. I am coming from a Storm 1 then a Storm 2 for a few weeks. Was totally sold on the suretype keyboard from Rim. Funny thing is I do not miss it. I like the full keyboard in portrait mode. Never liked it on my Storms. Seems bigger on the Droid. Plus, I have not had any issues with the predictive text.