Bethesda's Fallout Shelter is Now Available for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many fans of the Fallout series were notably disappointed that the newest game in the series came to the Apple iPhone first and skipped Android. That game is called Fallout Shelter, and it's basically a fun little strategy and resource management game that puts you in charge of your very own Vault-Tec vault and all of its inhabitants.

The game has received rave reviews and is one of the fast growing and most downloaded mobile games on the planet. In fact, Bethesda developers themselves didn't expect it to be as successful as it became, especially in such a short amount of time.

Luckily, it's not exclusive to Apple anymore! Yep! You can now grab the game as a free download on the Google Play Store! Here's a quick flavorful description followed by a link to grab it (check out the video above if you are still on the fence):

BUILD THE PERFECT VAULT
Create a brighter future…underground! Select from a variety of modern-day rooms to turn an excavation beneath 2,000 feet of bedrock into the very picture of Vault Life.

OVERSEE A THRIVING COMMUNITY
Get to know your Dwellers and lead them to happiness. Find their ideal jobs and watch them flourish. Provide them with outfits, weapons, and training to improve their abilities.

PROSPER
A well-run Vault requires a variety of Dwellers with a mix of skills. Build a Radio Room to attract new Dwellers. Or, take an active role in their personal lives; play matchmaker and watch the sparks fly!

EXPLORE THE WASTELAND
Send Dwellers above ground to explore the blasted surface left behind and seek adventure, handy survival loot, or unspeakable death. Find new armor and weapons, gain experience, and earn Caps. But don’t let them die!

PROTECT YOUR VAULT
From time to time, idyllic Vault life may be disrupted by the dangers of post-nuclear life. Prepare your Dwellers to protect against threats from the outside…and within.

Vault-Tec has provided the tools, but the rest is up to you. What are you waiting for? Get started building your Vault today for FREE.

Here's the Play Store Link: Fallout Shelter - Android Apps on Google Play

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Fallout 4 will be the Game of the Year.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had the one before that on the 360, but couldn't really get into it. My cousins love those style games and I love RPGs, but there was just something that kept me from really enjoying playing it. Maybe I'll give 4 a try. I'll definitely play around with this little game though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Except that my phone doesn't seem to want to install it right now. On my third try. If it fails this time, I'll wait until I'm home on my faster network instead of using the slow public connection we have here at work.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's a pretty cool society management game. It's pretty basic and is fueled by IAPs for those people that may not have enough patience to wait things out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As long as it's not super slow, I'll give it a go. I like some of these games that I can tinker with a little bit, then put down for a while, then pick back up later when I have a minute and not still have to wait to be able to do SOMETHING.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's definitely a game you lay down and come back to later.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
It was really fun when I was messing with it on iOS. Looks like it's the same concept here except they kept the bugs from iOS. It looks like a lot of constant crashes.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I haven't had any crashes yet.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Place a man and a woman in a dwelling together and they will reproduce. It takes a long time so be sure not to remove them from resource production that needs a lot of attention. Afterwards a baby will be born that takes a few hours to grow up into an adult which will add to your labor force.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
DOH! I skipped over that post of the tutorial & assumed that was a bad thing that would cause overpopulation.

Guess I'll start breeding...