[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

praetor

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with wifi? I've read a few reviews saying the newer builds are having a little trouble with wifi

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

Works fine for me, I don't have security or anything on my wifi though.

I've had issues after nightly 35, IIRC. WiFI drops, I lose connectivity for a few seconds, get a 3G data sync then wifi comes back. I can't say that I've had an issue with 3G dropping when outside of my home network.

Stock worked fine, my other devices in the same room don't lose connection when my phone does. It's getting a bit frustrating.

lancasterv3

Reaction score
Thanks gambit07 I actually had done that and nothing was triggering watchdog even on the aggressive setting. I feel really stupid but after all this time I finally figured it out this morning, on accident none the less "facepalm". It actually seems to be two things. First and I really do not understand this but since the first day I flashed cm4dx I was using imoseyon tweaks v 7.1.....well this morning I actually forgot to install the tweaks on the initial install. I noticed my Temp was "normal " it ran at a balmy 78 degrees. It only got up to 99 degrees after almost 2 hours of heavy use so I though it was the build. Then it hit me.... crap I forgot those tweaks :icon_eek:. After I flashed them my temp returned to the regular hot idle state as before at 82 degrees, and started getting hot again immediately and "got to 130 degrees in 20 minutes of light use." I am not sure why those tweaks did that I have used them before with no problems, and they did improve battery life a lot, which confuses the He@# out of me considering the temperatures. After uninstalling them the temp dropped back down to 78 degrees. Now on to the second issue that also dropped the temp. I noticed my "settings" process was running between 18 MB and 25 MB. I was using the notification power widget. I disabled that and just used the normal desktop widget. My tempertaure idle dropped to 75 degrees and after 3 hours of heavy use, i.e. videos, internet, texting, etc. my temp only reached 92 degrees and cooled off very quickly dancedroid! Sorry for the long post but I have been having this issue so long my sanity was in question lol.

PARick

Reaction score
Has anyone tried miui for droid x? I heard that everything that doesn't work in cm4dx works like camera/camcorder etc if that's the case how come there hasn't been a fix included for the nightlies cvpcs releases?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I tried MIUI for about 5 minutes, and realized why I unrooted my original droid when I ran it. Lots of FC, and really doesn't hold a candle to CM or SS.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Does anyone think cm is getting more stable? I still got laggyness and fc with the gallery and lpp.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any chance of there being an HDMI out fix?

No, HDMI doesn't work on AOSP ROMs.

I have never had any issues with CM7, other than some reboots on nightly 33. Ever since then, its been amazing.

CM74DX

saywhaa

Reaction score
Does anyone think cm is getting more stable? I still got laggyness and fc with the gallery and lpp.

have you wiped data/cache?

i dont really get any lag nor FC with gallery but it does hang there when i go into gallery, i back out and then reopen.

when i had LPP i did have FC's so i switched to GOlauncher and i couldnt be more happy with the decision to switch over. much more faster and no FC's

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do get a force close with launcherpro when my phone first starts up. After that, no problems.

CM74DX

1dtms

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the TBH all in one installer going from liberty .08 to CM7?
Was it successful / no random crashes afterwards?

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the TBH all in one installer going from liberty .08 to CM7?
Was it successful / no random crashes afterwards?

Yes I did - no problems. Just wipe all data and you are good

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
stupid question but how do you Reboot into Recovery?

Either use ROM Manager or hold the power button and select reboot. Then select recovery.

Do not use bootstrap.

CM74DX

1dtms

Reaction score
Okay thanks it worked.
But something happen when I tried to installl this rom. I used the TBH all in one installer. At first I got the error about the radio as it said in the instructions. Then I installed gapps next. Then after that I install the ron again, however this time the instructions said it will be fine and no error. But I got the same error even after installing galls. What should I do now?

What's weird is though when I reboot, the rom booted up and is currently synching. I'm afraid I might get glitches or something since it didn't complete install. What should i do now?

Does it matter that the gapps I used is the latest mentioned in 1st post n not the older one in the link?

Antob125

Reaction score
Okay thanks it worked.
But something happen when I tried to installl this rom. I used the TBH all in one installer. At first I got the error about the radio as it said in the instructions. Then I installed gapps next. Then after that I install the ron again, however this time the instructions said it will be fine and no error. But I got the same error even after installing galls. What should I do now?

What's weird is though when I reboot, the rom booted up and is currently synching. I'm afraid I might get glitches or something since it didn't complete install. What should i do now?

Does it matter that the gapps I used is the latest mentioned in 1st post n not the older one in the link?

IMO i never used the all in one installer cause i've heard mixed reviews. IMO I would SBF, root, install bootstrapper, wipe data cache and dalvik, flash latest nightly, flash gapps, flash razors all in one fix and reboot. The the cleanest way to do it from scratch imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Okay thanks it worked.

IMO i never used the all in one installer cause i've heard mixed reviews. IMO I would SBF, root, install bootstrapper, wipe data cache and dalvik, flash latest nightly, flash gapps, flash razors all in one fix and reboot. The the cleanest way to do it from scratch imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+1 that idea!