[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Acceleromiter

Is anyone else having trouble with the auto rotate feature? I've sometimes it runs fine. But then out of no where it will just put everything in landscape no matter what direction the phone is in.

creaky

Reaction score
Dalvik yes, cache and data no.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

sushiox

Reaction score
great it worked except for the signature i had to disable it to work on both google apps and camara fix fyi dancedroid

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've found that you can uncheck "enable surface dithering" in cm settings/performance with no visual difference in resolution and graphics. Anything to increase the snappiness of my phone! Just thought I'd pass that on

CM74D2

ktech11

Reaction score
I am looking to move my wife's dx to GB and I love cm7 on my TB. It is real stable on the TB but I keep reading conflicting bug reports on the dx.
Two questions :
1. If she is running liberty 2.1 can I just wipe and flash cm7 or is SBC necessary?
2. What are the major issues, I have seen GPS, camera/camcorder, keyboard ( but that doesn't seem a huge one) can anybody give me a sum up?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

1. Yes. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system and flash. Don't forget to flash the gapps zip before rebooting.
2. At least on the d2 everything works fine. Battery life is not great, but it's super stable. You may have to flash a small patch that fixes the camera. I'm not on a dx at the moment so I'm not sure. Good luck!

CM74D2

Thanks man! I am putting on this weekend. I have been using CVPCS Rome since the sapphire days on my d1 so I was floating on cloud 9 when I saw he was the code maintainer for the TB and Dx

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

chefb

Reaction score
I've found that you can uncheck "enable surface dithering" in cm settings/performance with no visual difference in resolution and graphics. Anything to increase the snappiness of my phone! Just thought I'd pass that on

CM74D2

What is surface dithering?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It supposedly makes the graphics a bit nicer while sacrificing performance (probably not much), but if you're a geek for performance like me... turn it off. I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of my graphics (imo)

CM74D2

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with wifi? I've read a few reviews saying the newer builds are having a little trouble with wifi

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

lancasterv3

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been on cm4dx since day one, love the ROM! I only have had one problem and that is battery temp. My phone sits at 82 degrees doing nothing, ill check tweet deck get on the net for a bit no more than 10 min and the battery temp shoots up to 110-115, I am not overclocked or undervolted "though i have tried to undervolt and it didnt work". I have checked whats running in background, this is the list

Settings-18 MB
button savior-4.4 MB
billski- 3.8
system info widget-4.1 MB
maps-7.2 MB
google services-9.7 MB
market-21 MB
android keyboard-9.8 MB

I have done fresh installs without restoring with Tiba even sbf fresh install to no avail.
I do not have many apps most of them are utilities like root explorer, titanium backup etc.
my phone has never run this hot on any ROM i love cyanogen but this temp thing is driving me crazy, I have been scouring every forum and found nothing that would help. I am at my wits end so I decided to finally post,
thanks in advance dancedroid
@lancsterv3

Jordan8

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with wifi? I've read a few reviews saying the newer builds are having a little trouble with wifi

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

Works fine for me, I don't have security or anything on my wifi though.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Has anyone tried miui for droid x? I heard that everything that doesn't work in cm4dx works like camera/camcorder etc if that's the case how come there hasn't been a fix included for the nightlies cvpcs releases?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried miui for droid x? I heard that everything that doesn't work in cm4dx works like camera/camcorder etc if that's the case how come there hasn't been a fix included for the nightlies cvpcs releases?

Camera/camcorder/torch does work on CM7 with the all in one fix.

CM74DX

gambit07

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been on cm4dx since day one, love the ROM! I only have had one problem and that is battery temp. My phone sits at 82 degrees doing nothing, ill check tweet deck get on the net for a bit no more than 10 min and the battery temp shoots up to 110-115, I am not overclocked or undervolted "though i have tried to undervolt and it didnt work". I have checked whats running in background, this is the list

Settings-18 MB
button savior-4.4 MB
billski- 3.8
system info widget-4.1 MB
maps-7.2 MB
google services-9.7 MB
market-21 MB
android keyboard-9.8 MB

I have done fresh installs without restoring with Tiba even sbf fresh install to no avail.
I do not have many apps most of them are utilities like root explorer, titanium backup etc.
my phone has never run this hot on any ROM i love cyanogen but this temp thing is driving me crazy, I have been scouring every forum and found nothing that would help. I am at my wits end so I decided to finally post,
thanks in advance dancedroid
@lancsterv3

Hmm, sounds like an issue the phone is having with an app. Install Watchdog and see if anything is using an abnormal amount of the CPU in the background.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Camera/camcorder/torch does work on CM7 with the all in one fix.

CM74DX

Theres no built in fix for that in cm7 but.there is with miui.for droid x which is what im saying.