Best way to sync music from PC without including unsupported formats

bamorris2

Reaction score
So I have a bit of music (1000 songs) on iTunes that I want to sync with my phone. I did it using MotoCast. The problem is that several of my songs won't play, presumably because they're unsupported formats. Is there a way to exclude syncing those songs that won't play on the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mmcompute

Reaction score
Find out what formats are supported then sort your library by file type (make sure your extensions are showing). Remove any non-compliant files or convert them to another format. You should be able to sync only those formats that you want.

Another great tool is "SyncToy" which is a free program from Microsoft. It is a sync program with a lot of flexibility - it may even allow you to specify which file types to sync. Google for it.

SallyC

Reaction score
So I have a bit of music (1000 songs) on iTunes that I want to sync with my phone. I did it using MotoCast. The problem is that several of my songs won't play, presumably because they're unsupported formats. Is there a way to exclude syncing those songs that won't play on the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hummm - I'm not sure here, but MotoCast lets you sync by directory and iTunes lets you add directories to it's Library. So what if you took those songs, removed them from iTunes, then put them in a "iTunes only" directory. Then add that directory to iTunes' Library but not to the Motocast sync directories.

Would that work?

OP
B

bamorris2

Reaction score
Find out what formats are supported then sort your library by file type (make sure your extensions are showing). Remove any non-compliant files or convert them to another format. You should be able to sync only those formats that you want.

Another great tool is "SyncToy" which is a free program from Microsoft. It is a sync program with a lot of flexibility - it may even allow you to specify which file types to sync. Google for it.

Hummm - I'm not sure here, but MotoCast lets you sync by directory and iTunes lets you add directories to it's Library. So what if you took those songs, removed them from iTunes, then put them in a "iTunes only" directory. Then add that directory to iTunes' Library but not to the Motocast sync directories.

Would that work?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to give these a try this weekend.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Why not just use Google Music? It plays virtually anything.

OP
B

bamorris2

Reaction score
Why not just use Google Music? It plays virtually anything.

What exactly is Google Music? Is it a cloud service, where I upload my music, and then stream it to my phone? I want my music stored locally on my phone.