Best way to >>NOT<< lose data on Factory Reset?!?!

Raven1155

Reaction score
When/if the Jelly Bean update (the real one, that is) comes out, I'm going to need to do a couple of factory resets (one to go back to .211 and then another to install JB). I'm super leery of factory resets because the last time I did one (okay, the ONLY time I've done one), I lost a TON of data! I have My Backup Pro, but it didn't save every app's data. I have Backup Assistant Plus, and it worked fine for restoring my contacts, but I haven't been able to do a BAP Media backup since switching to .215, so those aren't really backed up anywhere.

Anyway, what I need to know is if there is a sure-fire, reasonably idiot-proof way to back up my data (app data and pics/movies)?

I know, it's a rookie's question, but though I'm good with computers, I am a rookie with this stuff!

Oh... Razr Maxx, non-rooted (unless installing .215 made me "rooted"), 176 or so apps. Win7 Pro computer.

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated!!

- Jim 8^}

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
"My Backup Pro will work on all Android Mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not. Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk + data as well as market links"...

From the market description of My Backup Pro. Only way to restore ALL data is by rooting the phone.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea, without root I'm not sure of a foolproof app that can backup all data. My personal favorite it Titanium Backup, but again that's for rooted users.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
Yea, without root I'm not sure of a foolproof app that can backup all data. My personal favorite it Titanium Backup, but again that's for rooted users.

I assume that this is because I can't get to all the directories in a non-rooted phone?

Okay, so from you and the others I get the impression that I "need" to root. However, since I don't want to get bricked (correct term?) and I DO want to update to JB, I need to find out more about rooting. Could someone point me in the right direction??