Best way to buy a phone these days?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
We know what we're talking about here.

I haven't dealt with a real person on the purchase of my last 3 phones or the last few times I've tweaked my plan.

Sent from my Moto Z

So, after you get the new phone via the mail, do you sell the old one, or hold on to it?:p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, after you get the new phone via the mail, do you sell the old one, or hold on to it?:p
Depends. I always keep at least one spare phone around. Eventually, I'll sell the oldest one cheap or donate it to a friend or family member in need.

I sold the s4 to my cousin, but we've still got the s3, Note 4, & now my 6p for backups.

Speaking of which, I'm on the 6P right now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Or if you're an idiot like me you'll buy a new one and another new one and also have two older used backup phones.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. Don't be a Mustang. He buys new phones in the same generation of devices & puts Nougat on both to drain his batteries & ruin his life.

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, I tried to go through Best Buy but I'm not the primary account holder and they needed to be present, so I held off for a bit. I checked on Verizon's site and they had a deal going on where I get a discounted Zenpad 8 if I get a phone, so I went to a completely different store kinda far but with better reviews (almost none are above 3.5 stars, shocker), and including all fees and taxes ended up paying $154 total to cover the last 2 months of my Turbo, the Force, and the Zenpad 8, as well as another promo that gave me another 6 gigs of data. The new plan is also cheaper so I'm actually paying less on my monthly bill now too. I didn't really need a tablet for myself, but had been considering one for my business since I could definitely use it for things like taking payments or easier scheduling, so it seemed a win-win.

Even though it was clear this sales rep was another iPhone user who for every non-Apple model only knew the equivalent of CNet's pro/con list, overall I'm quite satisfied, and at least I didn't have to wait in agony for a week staring out my window for the UPS man...

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Depends. I always keep at least one spare phone around. Eventually, I'll sell the oldest one cheap or donate it to a friend or family member in need.

I sold the s4 to my cousin, but we've still got the s3, Note 4, & now my 6p for backups.

Speaking of which, I'm on the 6P right now.

Let me know if you want to get rid of the 6P. I'm getting rid of my Nexus 5, and i'll need a back-up.:p